Whites is working on a cordless headphone set

roccus

Jun 2, 2016
Maine
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To go up against the Garrett Z Link Whites is working on a setup of their own :hello2: If it is anything like they did with the TRX.....

When I asked this is a quote for response I got...
"We're working on several different projects right now aimed at making detecting more fun. Cords are not fun!"

I was thinking of getting a Z Link but have heard they drop out and it is a bit awkward to have to plug the headphones into the receiver... Whites is aware of these short comings so I assume they will address this with their design, no idea when it will be out but I will go another season and wait and see....

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want wireless ones that let you listen to the radio till you get a signal

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
being alone with my own mind scares me a bit

Jan 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
White's V3 + RNB 2900
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was going to get the Z lynk , I guess I could wait a little longer. I hope they come out this summer though.

OP
OP
roccus

roccus

Jun 2, 2016
Maine
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to get the Z lynk , I guess I could wait a little longer. I hope they come out this summer though.

Same here the wait may be well worth it you see what whites did with the TRX as a response to the pointer pro it is not a lot better but to me is better I have both and only use the TRX now

Jan 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
White's V3 + RNB 2900
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am not that impressed with the TRX at all. I have two of them and they constantly require rebalancing when I use them. I much rather prefer my in-line probe.

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on how much it is going to cost. The cord doesn't bother me unless i am in the woods which is not much

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny, I asked about this directly over a year ago on their forum and was blown off... could be why they are trailing rather than leading.. slow to respond to customer needs..

Jan 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
White's V3 + RNB 2900
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They were the same on the TDI Pro when it was coming out. White's likes to play like they have state's secrets and it is dumb.

Jan 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
White's V3 + RNB 2900
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
roccus

roccus

Jun 2, 2016
Maine
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny, I asked about this directly over a year ago on their forum and was blown off... could be why they are trailing rather than leading.. slow to respond to customer needs..

If you think about it they already have it... They have the headphones with receiver built in and they have the transmitter circuitry already built in the new V detectors all they need to do is put that circuitry on it's own PC board and package it in a case....

OP
OP
roccus

roccus

Jun 2, 2016
Maine
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
roccus

roccus

Jun 2, 2016
Maine
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

When I asked over on the whites forum I did not get a strong yes or no to the question but this for a replay.. this is a copy paste of their replay...

"We're working on several different projects right now aimed at making detecting more fun. Cords are not fun!"

To me this sounds way more like a yes than a no... wonder if this could be the leak the guy in the video was referring to??

Jan 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
White's V3 + RNB 2900
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Who knows, but they keep these things secret like it's a big deal and it's really not. It is almost like they want to be the last in line so they can try to learn from the mistakes of the leaders, but all that really does is push their customers into buying other brands, doesn't make good business sense at all.

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makes perfect sense to me. Why start releasing information about a new product before you're ready.

When Garrett came out with the AT Pro I thought a single frequency waterproof detector was the greatest idea since the telephone. I looked at the AT Pro and studied the owners manual but it didn't have the features I was used to. So I decided to wait for White's to release their own model. Boy am I glad I waited, the MX Sport is a great detector in a class all it's own.

I'll wait for the wireless transmitter and receiver too. When White's is ready they'll release it. I think it's important to remember, you don't always have to be first to be best. Tt

Last edited:

SteveOrygun

Apr 15, 2017
Orygunistan
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro Born 4/17..
Fisher CZ3d W/Nasa Tom tune!
Whites V3i.... WOW!!😎
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
being alone with my own mind scares me a bit

Ohh, dont worry some dingle berry will start yelling at you form 300 yards off about Spanish treasure and expect you the hear evey word with headphones on!!

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Depends on how much it is going to cost. The cord doesn't bother me unless i am in the woods which is not much
got the wireless with my used V3i was so glad because I sold them for $200 cutting down the price, cords don't bother me either

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I just wish Whites would make a wireless set like the Deus ws4 backphones with Whites quality. Best solution for brimmed hats, imo.

I don't do over-ear headphones, wireless or not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions