Whites-Koss KW-Pro headphones

oneeye

Aug 16, 2008
Michigan's Left Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites 6000 Di Pro, Garret Grand Master Hunter, Tesoro Tejon, Fisher 1265X
WOW! 9 years old. That is pretty good. I doubt they will replace them, but you could call and ask. That doesn't cost anything.

OP
OP
Dwight S

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jeff In North Georgia said:
Most Koss headphones have a lifetime warranty. Contact Koss to see if parts or repairs are still available for this model:
http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/cs-warrepair

Jeff

Thanks guys... I contacted Koss and asked about replacement ear covers and yes they still offer them. It cost me $5.00 including shipping via USPS to my house. Pretty simple replacement, I did get some sheer black material and made new speaker covers and installed it prior to installing the ear covers.

Waterbug

Jul 6, 2005
Iowa
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, XLT & GoldmasterV/SAT
Fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the KW-Pros for many years.Kept two pair on hand as I was always sending one pr back for replacement as they were always breaking(where they attach to the ear covers).Finally I bought two sets of the Koss-UR30s(much heavier duty).I then removed the cords from the KWs and installed them on the URs.The ear pads on the URs are much more comfortable than the KWs and am able to adjust the volume for each ear.

OP
OP
Dwight S

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Waterbug said:
I had the KW-Pros for many years.Kept two pair on hand as I was always sending one pr back for replacement as they were always breaking(where they attach to the ear covers).Finally I bought two sets of the Koss-UR30s(much heavier duty).I then removed the cords from the KWs and installed them on the URs.The ear pads on the URs are much more comfortable than the KWs and am able to adjust the volume for each ear.

I'll keep the UR30s in mind for the future. Funny thing is, my wife said I needed a hobby, so I picked a "old hobby" back up so it wouldn't cost much if anything to do. (I detected a little prior to marriage.) Now if I mention that I would like to upgrade or maintain my equipment, I get "the look"... ;D If she only could realize how much it costs to get started in the beginning she wouldn't give me that look now...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread