fredmxt

Greenie
Oct 26, 2010
selden
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I stop in a local whites m/d store the other day and talking with the salesmen for a while he had said whites was coming out with a new detector, but he didn't know much about it .But he did say it was going to be a higher end unit.Anyone of you guys or gals hear anything on this.

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes... its the V3X its just like the V3i except it has a 950 coil ( which I think is better) and its don't have as much programability as the V3i it also has a coin setting which is great just for coins! you'll lose rings and the dreaded Pull tabs but hey if your a coin shooter then you'll love it!

Chukers

Landfar

Greenie
Apr 2, 2011
I heard from a friend that MD with a dealer that whites was going to make a waterproof version of the TDI PRO

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Landfar said:
I heard from a friend that MD with a dealer that whites was going to make a waterproof version of the TDI PRO
Im not sure if its going to be waterproof but I have seen and played with a TDI pro that is not out to the public yet. Maybe that is what its going to be.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it will follow the lead of the other manufacturers and have a lots lighter detector. Maybe have a water detector that doesn't have a floating coil that you can really dive with. Time will tell............

ReidMan

Jul 16, 2008
Hampton, VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 main, Infinium water, TDI red dirt, 1266x if I feel like digging iron.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Vx3 and its pretty sweet other then the coil it has the same power as the V3i for a lot less. Some advanced functions that most people dont know how to adjust anyway
where left out. For me its the right price for a 3 Freq adjustable detector. And you can use the wireless headphones with it also.

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ReidMan said:
Vx3 and its pretty sweet other then the coil it has the same power as the V3i for a lot less. Some advanced functions that most people dont know how to adjust anyway
where left out. For me its the right price for a 3 Freq adjustable detector. And you can use the wireless headphones with it also.

I tried the D2 coil that came with the V3i I didn't like it at all... (worked with it for a month) too heavy too noisy and pinpoints is a major pain in the neck I went with the 950 coil like the one on the VX3... maybe that why the VX3 come with the 950... better coil

chukers

earthmansurfer

Apr 3, 2004
Germany
ReidMan said:

When thinking about the VX3's price, you also have to factor in that it doesn't come with wireless headphones or the rechargeable battery pack and charger. These two options are worth around $250 give or take. I have the Wireless headphones but it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. Most of what the VX3 has would be enough for me as well (I have a V3i) but there are a few options missing that are substantial.

OP
OP
F

fredmxt

Greenie
Oct 26, 2010
selden
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
Primary Interest:
what do these newer vx1,3 models have over the mxt ,I have 6/10 , 12",and the stock 950 coil .each one has it's own purpose. So what would I be gaining ?

earthmansurfer

Apr 3, 2004
Germany
fredmxt said:
what do these newer vx1,3 models have over the mxt ,I have 6/10 , 12",and the stock 950 coil .each one has it's own purpose. So what would I be gaining ?

There isn't a Vx1. There was a V3, but that turned into the V3i with an upgrade. And then there is the VX3 which is a simplified V3i.

First, unless you have a "V" starting the serial number on the coil, you will not be able to get max from those coils on the V3's. It works in three frequencies and I believe the highest 22.5 will cause problems as well as you will be limited to lower sensitivity/power.

The V3i/VX3 are deeper than either machine you have. They are more flexible and better in EVERY regard but one. I have heard that the tracking on the MXT/DFX is very good and only good on the V3's. You are talking about 10-15 years in newer technology (from the same company). I don't use all the bells and whistles but I do enjoy customizing my machine. If you enjoy playing with settings in your test garden then the V3i is for you. If complexity scares you then go with the VX3.

Do a search on google and you'll find a lot of users who moved up.

OP
OP
F

fredmxt

Greenie
Oct 26, 2010
selden
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
Primary Interest:
How much am I going to gain from my MXT to a V3i OR VX3. Is the cost justified in results

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I heard the new "toy" is going to be a streamlined TDI. It is supposed to weigh a little over 3 lbs and cost about $1200.

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fredmxt said:
How much am I going to gain from my MXT to a V3i OR VX3. Is the cost justified in results

isn't an MXT a turn on and go detector? not much to change with it? if so then the V3i is totally the opposite and the V3X is like the V3i but more like the MXT with very little need to be modified. Worth it? I like my V3i over and MXT. I'd defiantly sell the MXT to offset the cost of a newer machine.

Chukers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread