whites MX 5

Brooklynhunter

Jul 16, 2013
Hey all. Ive been on the whites forum and still they have no information regarding their new release the MX5. I am looking for any info from someone who has picked one up. Why White's has not released photos. Video and data remains unknown. Rather , we as Whites consumers have to hunt on dealer web sites for drips of information. If anyone has picked one up please post what you think about its performance. Thanks and HH

Apr 13, 2012
Maryville, Tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Whites MX5's in my store. I have only got to play around with it for about an hour in the test field so I am no expert on it. What I can tell you is it is very light weight and well balanced with great build quality as always from Whites. I was easily hitting all the buried targets ranging from 6" to a silver quarter at 10.5". Disc, recovery speed and depth was excellent for a detector at this price and having the adjustable thresh was very nice! The MX5 reminded me of an MXT Pro except with a Touch Pad instead of Knobs. It really is a simple detector to turn on and go without even ground balancing and was very accurate with Visual Id, tone Id and depth readings. Visual ID was a little jumpy on the targets of 9" and deeper but the tone was right on!(could have just been my soil conditions) This detector is an all around good detector for just about any type of hunting whether it be coins&jewelry, relics or on the beach. In my opinion I think Whites did a great job because it is an Excellent detector for the price. Great for someone who wants a little more than the Coinmaster GT but doesn't quite have the money for an MXT Pro.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice reveiw on it

OP
OP
B

Brooklynhunter

Jul 16, 2013
I have the v3i and im looking for a backup for whennit looks like rain maybe in the forcast. Qlas it is weather proof, im thinking it maight fit the bill. Do u think its worth picking up??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread