Whites New Pinpointer!

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't imagine it would be a push and hold button feature! That would kill the deal for me also.

Just called my local Whites dealer who is calling Whites to find out availability then calling me back.

I love my pro pointers....but its plural because one was/is acting up and the other is not much better after a few months use! I'm going to buy the TRX and if depth is better then great! Same with water/weather proofing! I hunt in the rain too much here in Oregon! I hope it has a good LED light too as it often gets dark on me.

These links should answer some of your questions
TRX User Manual"

Info on Ratcheting and weather resistance <<< also has it in stock.

Comparison to ProPointer, Kellyco and others

Last edited:

Roadquest

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2005
C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to play with the new Bullseye TRX. Very impressive! ©2014 White's Electronics, Inc. | 1011 Pleasant Valley Road, Sweet Home, OR, 97386 ©2014 White's Electronics, Inc. | 1011 Pleasant Valley Road, Sweet Home, OR, 97386

Doe's the White's TRX have 360 degree detection pattern, that detects on the complete lower shaft?

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From what I have read, it has tip only detection so it pin points more accurately.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well good luck to you. I envy you in getting permission for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nala

Tenderfoot
Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good design is difficult to improve.
Each improvement become maybe a deterioration.

Just like a circle.
If you're trying to make it rounder becomes worse.

Tim-MXT

Mar 9, 2014
Beaverton/Hillsboro Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, White's V3I, White's TRX Pinpointer, Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I have read, it has tip only detection so it pin points more accurately.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

This video should answer your question about tip detection very well.

cyfun

Greenie
Mar 14, 2014
Denver
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Whites Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got mine today. Cant wait till weekend to play.

Tim-MXT

Mar 9, 2014
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, White's V3I, White's TRX Pinpointer, Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to say the manual that comes with the TRX does not do the tool justice. There are a couple settings that are not mentioned. When I was trying to remember the combination to change sensitivity, I stumble onto a "tone" adjustment? It was cycling through different beep tones. I can't find anything about this adjustment. I'll see if I can figure it out and post again. The manual doesn't mention the sensitivity adjustment either.

So far I love the TRX. I Plasti-dipped the tip and don't see any degradation. The ground grab works perfectly. At one point it was beeping randomly even when I was holding it up in the air. I grounded the PP and tapped the power button, the beeping stopped and it pointed me right to my target. I think I might have had it too close to my digger when I turned it on and that freaked it out. But the ground grab fixed it.

I was thinking about the Vulcan 360 since it was on sale for $119 but my local White's vendor had the TRX for $127 so I jumped on it.

Tim-MXT

Mar 9, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That didn't take long. Lets see if I can translate beeps into text. With the power on, do the following to adjust the beep tone.

Hold he power button in through 2 sets of double beeps.
After the 2nd set, release the button and quickly press it 2 more times and hold. It will sound off 3 quick beeps. Keep holding.
The PP will start sounding off in descending pitch tones.
When you get to the tone you want, release the button.

There are 13 different tones.

Enjoy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread