Whites Prism II Question

jadewhiskey

Mar 16, 2005
New Hampshire
White's Prism II Question

Hi All,

Just got a quick question for everyone... I am using a White's Prism II. I usually just leave the nail discriminator on and sensitivity on the default.

But, when I detect near sidewalks I can't get a clear signal or a constant signal - if I run the detector over the sidewalk - it goes off too... I know that near sidewalks are a good place to search... What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance...

JadeWhiskey

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Re: White's Prism II Question

A lot of sidewalks have rebar ( metal bars for support) in them. You can't get a good signal because your detector is reading the rebar and sounding off.

Try increasing the discrimination a little bit and lowering the sensitivity a little bit. Then if you stand on the sidewalk and swing the coil where the back edge of the coil is about 1 inch over the sidewalk. Don't arc your swing, swing straight across along the edge of the sidewalk.
See if that makes a difference.

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Good points, Dido

OP
OP
jadewhiskey

jadewhiskey

Mar 16, 2005
New Hampshire

Thanks...

I will try that... I wanted to get out tonight - but, it's raining... I will let you know how that works... Much appreciated....

Thanks.

Jade

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread