Whites PrismIV Operatin Frequency & Depth..Anybody Know

TROOPER

Greenie
Jul 2, 2008
White's PrismIV Operatin Frequency & Depth..Anybody Know

I am considering buy one,and these are the deciding factors is it"

# Type I VLF: Type I instruments operate near the 5-6 KHz range. These detectors have an affinity for iron artifacts and exhibit exceptional sensitivity to metal items on the high end of the conductivity spectrum i.e. brass, copper and silver.

or is it

# Type II VLF: The Type II detectors generally have an operating frequency near 10-15 kHz. These instruments are intrinsically sensitive to metal targets of mid range conductivity such as aluminum, lead, nickel; gold and small irregularly shaped artifacts. The Type II is typically less sensitive to small iron artifacts making this a better choice for working in and around concentrations of ferrous debris.

I am looking for the actual frequency,and links.

Thanks
Trooper

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: White's PrismIV Operatin Frequency & Depth..Anybody Know

:icon_scratch: Well I dont know about all that frequency stuff but I personally own a prism V and I have dug a 3 ringer bullet at about 9+ inches, the whites 3-5 are great detectors as far as depth and espically PINPOINTING!!!!

aladdin

Mar 1, 2007
Re: White's PrismIV Operatin Frequency & Depth..Anybody Know

If not mistaken I think the freq. is about 8.57 on the prizm unlike the XLT which is in the 6 area and M6/MXT 14 region. I have a p-II that is dead on IDing and depth my best no deeper than 5-6" on coins. Unless lg relic items I'd say as many shovel loads as it takes (I did not measure, more than I wanted to dig) gottit !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread