Whites Prizm II or III questions

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
I am considering getting either a Whites Prizm II or a Prizm III
I am currently using a Bounty Hunter - Quick Silver, so I believe this would be a step up. I like the LCD screen ones. I am poor and cannot afford anything over $200 - $300 max.

What's the difference between the II and III prizm?
and has anyone reported any problems with either?

sniper19612003

Mar 9, 2005
North East Pennsylvainia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer/ White's MXT
The only difference I see is that the Priz.3 has a depth indicator on the screen. The Prizm 2 should be just fine for you to use and for the price, it isn't really a bad deal for what your looking for. Hope this helps.

Sniper

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
Have a Prizm II. Works fine. Found an old soda can at 14 inches in the sand once. Dug and dug and dug and was really disappointed with the "treasure" but very impressed that the detector alerted me to something so deep.

Also know where all the ribar is under the cement in the floor in my house. ;D

Have found it to be accurate with it's differentiation between the coins. It read as a nickel, dug as a nickel. Read as a quarter, dug as a quarter. ETC.

Have fun and best of luck to ya.

Tricia

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Picking out exactly what it is would be very helpful to me and worth the money. I use a BH - Quicksilver and it will beep coins, and it will be a nail and after I dig it out it says its Iron. It messes up often like that.

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
It's been good. There have been a few mystery beeps but I'm a dig it all person anyway.

Nails, soda cans, heck even the foil wrappers from candy...

It's the journey of discovery that makes the hobby fun. Don't count on the treasure. If you find some, great. If not, just enjoy the nice days out in the fresh air.

Thanx,
Tricia

midas888gold

Greenie
Jun 22, 2008
Either the Prizm II or Prizm III would be great. But, keep in mind that the Prizm II has been dropped from White's product line. Prizm III is now the lowest priced Prizm.
Also, when you buy the Prizm III, insist on the new 9 inch spider coil. Don't get stuck with the old inventory 8 inch coil.

midas888gold

Greenie
Jun 22, 2008
The stock 8 inch coil has been REPLACED by the 9 inch open spider coil. and comes standard with all new production Prizm III and IV. The reason I mentioned it, is that some dealers will try to stick you with the obsolete 8 inch coil.

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
I like the smaller coils for coin shooting. So I would choose the 8 inch coil. You don't need to spend another $100 for a depth indicator. So I would pick the P2. I'm sure there is several thousand of them in the warehouses.

gw1952

Nov 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX, E-TRAC
Buy the Prism III with the (new) 9" spider coil. It is a totaly different machine 100% better than with the older 8". The Prism II will not have the new coil and is being phased out. Go to your closest dealer and demo them both you will see the difference. If they don't have the new coil they can get it.

SilverFinger

Apr 17, 2008
Woodstock, Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Eagle Spectrum, Treasuremaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tricia said:
It's been good. There have been a few mystery beeps but I'm a dig it all person anyway.

It's the journey of discovery that makes the hobby fun. Don't count on the treasure. If you find some, great. If not, just enjoy the nice days out in the fresh air.

Thanx,
Tricia
Great attitude, but oh wow.... Ya gotta dig some treasure, it makes the nice days all that much nicer!

bassmstr

Jul 20, 2008
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm III
I purhased a prizm III from a dealer with a 8" coil. Emailed whites and they said they will exchange it if I send them the old one.... Now that is good buisness.

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
21st Century Analog Boy said:
Tricia said:

Thanx,
Tricia
Great attitude, but oh wow.... Ya gotta dig some treasure, it makes the nice days all that much nicer!

Don't tell me, tell the treasure Gods. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread