Whites prizm III problems

capt. sparrow

Jan 23, 2007
North Shore Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
You'll either have to deal with the falsing or detect the dry only. Sounds like you've done all you can do.

vegasmtl

Jan 11, 2006
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bullseye II
I too have a Prism III, and they are not designed to handle the wet sand at all. I hunt the dry with some success, but as soon as I hit the wet, it all goes downhill. I am planning on upgrading to a BHID. Not all machines were meant to handle all ground types.

HH
vegasmtl

MangoKnees

Nov 22, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm l l
Capt.,

I recently beach hunted in southern NJ. with my new PrizmII. I turned it on and started. I did not experience any falsing. It was right on. I hope nothing is wrong with your PrizmIII. All I got was clad and the most dimes I ever encountered.

Try again

Mango

vegasmtl

Jan 11, 2006
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Capt,
Good luck on your all day hunt. My first hunt in the dry sand netted a nice silver necklace and a bunch of clad. No gold yet, but I am still looking. If you are digging pulltabs and nickles, you should catch the gold. You will find that line of wet sand that gives you trouble, so just stay "north" of that. Look for where umbrellas or blankets were. Also the pathways from the parking lots to the water are good spots.

I don't think there is anything wrong with your Prism. The wet sand just has too much mineralization that the salt water boosts somehow.(Not very technical, but essentially true) I have the exact problems with the wet, but my machine is fine in dry sand, and on land.

Good Luck
vegasmtl

Admiral de Salee

Apr 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i w. D2 or Super12
White's DFX w. D2 or 5.3
Sunray DX-1, Lesche Digger
You wouldn't mind posting a picture of that half, wouldja?

I've only ever seen maybe one Seated half posted here, I think. WTG!

vegasmtl

Jan 11, 2006
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Wow! That is an unexpected find I am sure!
Congrats, and I second the motion for some pics!

HH
vegasmtl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread