Whites PRL-1 Industrial......Anyone use this?

Digger1980

Oct 22, 2009
Easton PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Matrix 6, MXT-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White's PRL-1 Industrial......Anyone use this?

I am just curious to get some feedback from other detectorists about this unit :sign13:. I have gone to this as well as other forums looking for "signs of usage" so to speak but have been unsuccessful ???. Why doesn't anyone use it :dontknow:? Maybe because its name is "Industrial" and most just turn away? Whites sells it for 399.95 but I bought mine almost brand new for 60 (with shipping) :icon_thumright: So it seems people can't even give it away!
I ask because I have been using mine for a little over 1yr now. I don't do much posting of my finds, I enjoy reading everyone elses finds :laughing7: but within a year I have found plenty of jewelry..real and fake, lead toys, bullets (including 3-ringers), buttons, silver coins, and enough clad to puschase a brand new Matrix 6 (coming in tomorrow ups :headbang:) ...as a backup :laughing9: ....just kidding of coarse lol

So again, I am just looking for any opinions, feedback, experience just anything about the White's PRL-1 Industrial. Thanks for reading and HH!! :icon_pirat:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Digger1980

Digger1980

Oct 22, 2009
Easton PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Matrix 6, MXT-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: White's PRL-1 Industrial......Anyone use this?

So your saying because of the price, people are choosing other detectors to "get more for the money" IE the LCD screen... metal detectors loaded with adjustments...This I understand and agree with :hello2:....especially on today's market. I believe the price on this item should have dropped by 3/4 and should be Whites cheapest detector.......but why isn't it?

Anyone happen to know the difference between this detector and Whites classic 1 or 1 SL?

sandals55

Nov 25, 2008
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites PRL 1, M6, BHID300

I have used the PRL 1 for many many years and absolutely love it!....I also have an MXT and BHID300 but will always grab my PRL when I go out. It's a very simple turn on and go machine....when I got mine, it was a $200 machine and I notice that the price has gone up more than any of the other machines....they refer to it as industrial because most utility and cesspool companies will use these for locating buried pipes

OP
OP
Digger1980

Digger1980

Oct 22, 2009
Easton PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Matrix 6, MXT-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sandals55 said:
I have used the PRL 1 for many many years and absolutely love it!....I also have an MXT and BHID300 but will always grab my PRL when I go out. It's a very simple turn on and go machine....when I got mine, it was a $200 machine and I notice that the price has gone up more than any of the other machines....they refer to it as industrial because most utility and cesspool companies will use these for locating buried pipes
Glad to hear it!! Now I know I'm not the only one who loves it :laughing9: Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of anything White's! But I too believe it is one of the simplest turn on and go (with discrepancy!) machines out there. Plus 80 hours of battery life :headbang: HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread