Whites TDI Pro Users!......Check This!

McArthurJohn

Jan 12, 2015
McArthur CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX-5000,Minelab GPX-4500, Garrett Infinium, Whites TDI Pro, Whites GMT, Fisher Gold Bug, Whites V3I,Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey beepers....

i just wanted to let all you whites TDI Pro users know that in the near future, there will be an ALTERNATIVE to those hugely overpriced whites TDI Pro and aftermarket battery packs.

ive been running detectors for about 32 years now. ive owned and ran just about everything you can think of detector-wise, and own a total of 11 different detectors. recently i picked up a nice Whites TDI Pro in a trade. it came with the charger and one battery. i spend alot of time out detecting in nevada and arizona, and figured id put the TDI to work this summer, so i needed a extra battery. i went online and started checking them out and almost fell off my frickin chair. i couldnt believe that whites wanted $199 bucks for a battery pack!...i thought i was looking at minelab or something!...i started looking for aftermarket batteries, and found a couple but still, $169 was/is a really over the top price. on a whim, i pulled the shrink wrap off my battery pack, and discovered that theres really not much to them, CERTAINLY not $199 worth!!!!. i started talking to people, sourcing parts,ect and found that its actually CHEAP to build these things even with quality japanese cells ( whites uses cheap $4 a piece retail price samsung batteries in their packs, bulk their probably paying a quarter a pop for them)

ive been doing ALOT of research, talking to other long time detectorists, pickin some brains and spending A LOT of time on email and the phone. soon i will be posting the info,plans,material sources and how to with pictures to build your OWN 8 cell Li-Ion TDI Pro battery packs for UNDER $50 A PACK with PREMIUM JAPANESE CELLS, protection PCB board ect included, and that will charge with your original equipment whites chargers (WHICH BY THE WAY im also looking at another automatic charger that does exactly the same thing as the whites charger, a little better specs,ect for a whopping $28.00..go figure), and according to my calculations, will last days compared to the whites batteries.. no more high dollar aftermarket batteries for the TDI Pro!

for those of you who dont want to have to order all the parts ( which can be ordered seperately by the way there no bulk requirement) , i may also put together a complete "you build" kit with everything you need and instructions, or for those who just cant get the hang of doing it themselves , i may even be persuaded to build them for you for a small fee if you buy the pre-prepared kit from me.

i may even offer pre-built packs VERY reasonable

ive already ordered parts,ect so when they come in, i will let everyone know.

im also working on a very inexpensive minelab GP/GPX battery pack .

McArthur John
AKA
Nuggetdigger

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

McArthurJohn

Jan 12, 2015
McArthur CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX-5000,Minelab GPX-4500, Garrett Infinium, Whites TDI Pro, Whites GMT, Fisher Gold Bug, Whites V3I,Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it doesnt seem to many are interested, but i got supplies in and build two packs today. charging the second one now and will give them a work out and let everyone know.

OP
OP
M

McArthurJohn

Jan 12, 2015
McArthur CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kewl......i will let ya know.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Make sure you get a Charter Membership so you can sell them here.

OP
OP
M

McArthurJohn

Jan 12, 2015
McArthur CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
will do....of course these arent the li-po fireball batteries, their lithium ion, but the cells im using are rated well above whites stock packs cells and so far are lasting MUCH longer , im still on my same battery since yesterday with about 7 1/2 hours of detecting on it, and in testing with my fluke meter, the battery still shows 15.7 volts.....i was hoping that id see a bit more interest in the project from members, but hey thats kewl. if not, ill build some up and throw them on ebay or something.

im also working on a battery pack for the GPX so we will see how that works out in the future....

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You will get the interest when you supply the price I think. If it's just as good or better than RNB then you will be in.

OP
OP
M

McArthurJohn

Jan 12, 2015
McArthur CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well, if i sold the pack myself outright with labor, supplies, ect id be looking at selling them done for around $85 a pop shipped with a warranty i think.

OP
OP
M

McArthurJohn

Jan 12, 2015
McArthur CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
id probably offer a minimum of 6 month. so far they are working super....just cant seem to get my heat shrink as pretty as some others...LOL..i need to find another brand/supplier. this stuff shrinks up unevenly. i want to get that worked out before taking any orders and shipping them out.

if someone needed one before then i could build them one, but it would look like ass...LOL

the one lower right corner is the whites pack. i use a but heavier plug cable on mine....

20160218_145927.jpg

OP
OP
M

McArthurJohn

Jan 12, 2015
McArthur CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im also working on putting a minelab GPX battery pack together also a ALOT cheaper price than the other aftermarket batteries.

what i find comical is when you start opening these "specialized" detector battery packs up, there isnt really much to them, and i cant understand why the dealers charge so frickin much...LOL.....

right now im working on a source for the boards in the minelab batteries. if i cant find them, ill build my own. i hate to do that cause its time consuming, but its alot cheaper than buying a $500 gpx battery.

also, by the by, if anyone needs their cells replaced in their GPX batteries i have cells on hand and can replace them a a fair price. hit me up

ATPRoDon

Nov 26, 2007
Griffin, GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI, Whites V3i, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm interested....Whats the price for the TDI Pro packs?

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

McArthurJohn

Jan 12, 2015
McArthur CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
like i said, if i built them and sold them they would be around $85 bucks shipped in the US

sympathy

Aug 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello John,
I am looking for a TDI battery pack and the charger. I read with interest your posting.

Tonto

Oct 14, 2008
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab: XT70, XT17000, Sov XS w/S-1 probe
Tesoro: Lobo ST, Toltec II
Whites 4900, Eagle II SL 90, Spectrum XLT
Falcon MD 20, Whites GMT, TDI Pro, Vibraprobe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's now 2022, and I need at least one new battery pack for TDI pro. Are you still in business?

Reactions: OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
It's now 2022, and I need at least one new battery pack for TDI pro. Are you still in business?
Im not selling them but just finished a couple for a friend. TDI Pro 16.8 volt 3450 mHa

Whites TDI Pro Parts list

Panasonic NCR18650GA 3450mAh Li-ion

Pigtail Barrel Plug Connector cable 2.5mm x 5.5mm Male and Female connectors

PVC Clear Heat shrink tube 95mm wide

Heat transfer tape 10mm Polyimide Brown

4s 10A 18650 BMS 16.8v Protection module

Tenergy Universal TLP3000 1.5a charger for Li-ion 4 cells 14.8v

Black assorted shrink tubing

Nickel strips assorted 2 inch

Battery Insulating rings Red

Battery Insulating material Gray

18 gauge wire assorted colors Red-Black-White-Yellow
422657655_370915652224465_8152899898411026003_n.jpg.a745907c0048e7e87ed42c5bbb13168c.jpg

3.jpg

5 (2).jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

14.jpg

17.jpg

26.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions