Whites TM-808 vs Garret Infinium LS vs Garret GTI 2500 Pro (with Depth Multiplier)

al_pacino

Tenderfoot
Sep 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White's TM-808 vs Garret Infinium LS vs Garret GTI 2500 Pro (with Depth Multiplier)

I need a detector to detect gold as accurate as possible at depths of 1-2 meters. The gold can be hidden in a ceramic pot, wood box, or under a big stone. The gold can be either coins or jewellery. My budget is limited to 1000-1500$. I have three options under 1500$: a 2-box detector (the White's TM-808), a pulse induction detector (the Garret Infinium LS) or even the Garret GTI 2500 Pro, with the Treasure Hound Depth Multiplier. All three can go deep, but which one is better on discrimination? And which one would be a better choice overall as a treasure finder?

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
I was a big Garrett guy when I started detecting. I wouldn't recommend the GTI 2500 as I owned one for over 5 years.
My biggest disappointment, under achieving over priced machine I've ever used. It was the machine I dreamed about for a long time before getting it. Major letdown and I knew it inside out.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You won't get discrimination from those three configurations. The TM808 and GTI2500 with depth multiplier can achieve the depths you need on large objects, but you will also be digging axe heads, metal buckets, large farm implements and the like.

Wayne

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I think you would be better off with a Blisstool.

I have a infinium and it is deep, and a lot deeper then the 2500 which my friend uses, all the TH depth multiplier is a audio amp, allows you to hear faints, what your looking for is called a After Burner which adds power to the coil for more depth. Eric Foster made a few for his PI's many years ago and there was one made for the Minelabs Sovereigns about 5 years ago. The 2 box, I know very little about other then they are deeper then both the 2500 n infinium but will miss smaller items...

If you know the treasure is there, I would go Blisstool...

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
With the TM 808 or the Treasure Hound setup you won't get any discrimination.
The Infinium (I have one) is the best of the three, but PI's don't necessarily read the whole target, on 10 coins it may not read much
deeper than on one or two coins. On fine jewelry, most PI's won't hit small necklaces. Also the reverse discrimination helps, but is
sometime fooled by rusty iron. In the final analysis, all three may give a signal on your target, but to discriminate you will need a
shovel and your eyeballs. Like the Chinese curse reads, "May you live in interesting times."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread