Whites TM808 vs Discovery Treasure Baron 900?

goldguy

Tenderfoot
May 6, 2007
White's TM808 vs Discovery Treasure Baron 900?

I've been using a White's TM808 for a few years now and it works well. Am thinking of getting a spare 2-box rig. Can anyone tell me how the Discovery Treasure Baron 900 compares performance-wise to the TM808?

The soils I usually hunt in range from volcanic soils to tropical acid-sulphate oxisols. When tested with a Lamotte soil kit, the iron content can be at the maximum end of the colorimetric scale. If it helps any, the soils' pH ranges from 4.1 to 5.9

Upvote 0

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: White's TM808 vs Discovery Treasure Baron 900?

The Discovery was always the more advanced and had a fraction more depth on coke can size items (inch plus) but on really large items the signal did not drop out so soon as with the Whites so if your going for large targets it would be worth getting the 900.

OP
OP
G

goldguy

Tenderfoot
May 6, 2007
Re: White's TM808 vs Discovery Treasure Baron 900?

Thanks Brian. If the Discovery performs better than the older White's, I'm in for a good hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread