Whites users in regards to ground mineralization...

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
White's users in regards to ground mineralization...

Lately I have been busy setting up, sorting through, and testing programs.... Obviously at times this takes a lot of patience...well I do not have a lot! So during my tests...I have been running with DC phase on... during this time I have been checking my ground readings.... well well....would'nt you know it....from what I am getting.... my readings are pretty constant... -88 to -94, apparently showing high ground mineralization or is it? I was spending hours reading up on ground mineralization and went through some of Jeff Foster's postings... I really became confused...it seemed the reading do not always mean the ground is highly mineralized...but show there is mineralization present....

Well my question is....now knowing my ground is reading so negative...tests were done in woods, parks, all over where I hunt......which coil would probably work the best and why? Also any certain settings I should be looking at to work around the mineralization...????

I was thinking about the 6 x 10..any suggestions...

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: White's users in regards to ground mineralization...

The 6X10 does handle mineralization better. I get less depth than the standard coil but because of the way its made it seperates better in trashy areas. My soil in Ind. is also -94 ... but remember the dc phase is reading 15 kHz RAW normally moving the VDI up the scale. I used Jeff's method to figure mineral strength mine was moderate. DC phase also is an average of everything detected by the coil. You will notice you can up the AC and preamp a bit with the 6X10 as well.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

does anyone think a dfx catagory here would be helpful.... I surely would appreciate it big time...

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX

dewcon4414 said:
The 6X10 does handle mineralization better. I get less depth than the standard coil but because of the way its made it seperates better in trashy areas. My soil in Ind. is also -94 ... but remember the dc phase is reading 15 kHz RAW normally moving the VDI up the scale. I used Jeff's method to figure mineral strength mine was moderate. DC phase also is an average of everything detected by the coil. You will notice you can up the AC and preamp a bit with the 6X10 as well.

Today I was right on the edge...had everything cranked up...might be final hunt for a while... only ok find was a 46-d wheatie and over $4 in clad.... Snow storm to hit today...was a nice day to hunt 25 degrees no wind...always makes the difference...ground is now starting to freeze up, about 1-2 inches...some areas still soft...deepest hit today was 5.5, still better than my defective coil.... In two trips with new coil deepest hit up to now 6.5.

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX

bootybay said:
does anyone think a dfx catagory here would be helpful.... I surely would appreciate it big time...

I think any question you throw here in the general discussion area usually draws a few answers....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread