Duncansville,pa
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Whites PI Dual Field
Fisher f2 - sold
Whites DFX 300 - sold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello, I'm new around here so not sure where to post this.
Today I was out testing out my 2 week old V3i that I got new from kellyco. The detector always seemed to false now and then and I was testing different setting on targets in a test bed so I could see what each change would do.
I shifted my weight to my left side with the coil on the ground and got a strong beep (had trigger pulled), so I picked the coil up off the ground and with my left hand i pulled on the coil (waist high) with trigger pulled in and sure enough i got a signal, i then tried pushing the coil away from me and i did not get a signal, (just to clarify what i'm talking about i had the detector shaft waist high parallel to the ground with the coil vertical) has anyone else had this kind of problem before and could some of you guys test this on your v3i to see if it happens on your detector, i'm running the stock d2 coil, thanks

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The D2 coil is very sensitive to EMI, so try and see if it does it away from houses and power lines. When you say you shifted your weight do you mean you used the coil to hold your weight as you shouldn't use the coil to hold your weight, like when standing up after digging a target. Try using just the factory settings also without any adjustments to see if its still doing this, when I get close to powerlines(EMI) sometimes I can't pinpoint in a case like this I just use a small wiggle to get the center to pinpoint.

OP
OP
chip12977

chip12977

Jun 7, 2012
Duncansville,pa
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Whites PI Dual Field
Fisher f2 - sold
Whites DFX 300 - sold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is no EMI, I was in my field. As far as using the detector as a walking stick I didn't do that.
I would like V3i users to do the following test find a place free if any metal, EMI, put the coil on the flat on the ground with the shaft of the detector as straight up and in all metal (trigger pulled) push the detector to the left with out coil moving and see if it falsies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread