R

rolandslone

Nov 7, 2014
Halifax, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 and Whites Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I,m not use to them. Had a XLT kinda wish I still had it. But I will get use to it.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Three frequencies are good, and it does keep you from digging lost of trash. A high tone and a green dominant bar points to pennies, dimes and quarters.

I run polar plot in my analysis screen(trigger switch forward.) Good targets like silver will have all three freq lines in the upper right quadrant. Anything on the left side is junk, even when the tone sounds like a good coin signal.

It'll take a lot of re-adjustment from the XLT. Lots of folks never grasp it.

Patriot 1776

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 9, 2014
MA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX and V3i, Garrett AT Pro , ACE 350, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My experience, I would use one frequency until I get use to the Detector.
dennis

OP
OP
R

rolandslone

Nov 7, 2014
Halifax, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 and Whites Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I am getting it. Been watching the videos that Whites put on you tube. Found a lead piece about the size of a nickel 6 inches Dow. Looks like a cat head

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Toss a few different pieces on the ground like all denominations of clad a pull tab, lead, and can slaw and watch for the dominant frequency. You will be able to pretty much guess the composition of the metal before you dig when you get the hang of it.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Toss a few different pieces on the ground like all denominations of clad a pull tab, lead, and can slaw and watch for the dominant frequency. You will be able to pretty much guess the composition of the metal before you dig when you get the hang of it.

That is the ticket!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread