Whites VX3 vs Fisher F-75

OP
OP
CoilFisher

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And there's no reply at all....No reply at all....Anybody listening?

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Well i read the post, but since I have never tried a f75 I can't answer I have a v3i that is basically a vx3 and I can tell you that In my opinion is the best detector in the market but that is a biased judgement.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
CoilFisher

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I just read a thread from another forum it seems the Vx3 has two filters and the V3i has much more.
I believe the F-75 has double filter discrimination, so in that respect even at the gate.

Chips

Jun 1, 2012
Wellington
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 Ltd, GTAx1000 (Coil Died), AT-Pro (died), Tesoro Sand Shark,Ctx3030, Whites V3i.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have yet to experience a Vx3, and I think its a great machine.
Have just ordered a F75ltd from a dealer on TN. I understand that the F75 is a "hot box" from the factory.
By that I mean that the default factory setting push the detector to it's upper most limits straight off .
Getting every ounce of sensitivity out of it comes at a cost as I hear it has the effect of making the detector sound a bit "chatty" .
Some people really don't like "chatty" and cant work with it. ( As for me I have had chatty detectors before)

If you like a quite hunt with an F75 you have to dial it down a bit at the cost of depth.
In comparison my At Pro in factory default has it sensitivity set to 3 bars below maximum sensitivity.

Also if you are planning any beach work how bout a multi frequency machine..
Good luck,, with either I don't think you can go wrong, just what suits your style :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread