Whites XLT ground balance

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never had any problem of this sort but you could try a re-sweep of the spot you have balanced over with the trigger held in so your in all metal pinpoint mode just to see if your balancing over metal or a hot or cold rock though if working correctly the detector should warn you of this. If its not that, it could be that they have checked your machine on the test bench not outside in the real world. I had another type of fault which they would not admit to. In the end I caught up with the manager of Whites, at a rally and got him to try it. He lent me his machine and took mine back to the factory where it was finally sorted.

Coil choice depends on what you want to do. I would always suggest going smaller (8 or 6 inch) which will handle mineralisation better and get you nearer to rubbish items before target masking of want items occurs. I use a Bigfoot 22" x 3" on large dry sand beaches sacrificing depth for speed and ground coverage. Its light, similar to the stock coil. Largest I would use is a 12" Hotshot (not HotHEAD). This is another try before you buy option. The first I had was great but failed. The follow up just wasn't as good and I ended up getting my money refunded which was nice.

OP
OP
N

Nicademous

Greenie
Apr 18, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Whites XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll give that a shot, it does it pretty much every where including the beach. Thanks for your help.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For hunting the beach, it's hard to beat a Bigfoot coil. They are getting extremely hard to find though.

OP
OP
N

Nicademous

Greenie
Apr 18, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks GibH...

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Whites UK and Europe manager talked me out of getting a Bigfoot years ago. He said he couldn't sell them and had ended up passing them on to a distributor in Germany.

The next year I saw one in use and tried it and went ahead and bought it. It paid for itself in just a few weeks. Nice and light, easy to pinpoint with by using the centre null or either tip. I use the tip as its faster for me. Never failed or gone off tune unlike many other third party coils.

OP
OP
N

Nicademous

Greenie
Apr 18, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Primary Interest:
Other
With any luck maybe I'll be able to find one.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget that some of the ones that turn up on E-Bay are not suitable as they have been producing them for years for the various Whites models pre the XLT. The early model won't be and I don't think the follow up that had a switch in line to suit different models will be either. So if they don't say "for XLT" ask. E Series or not doesn't make a difference though so you don't have to worry about that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread