whitesbeach ID false beeps??

D

DrewShade

Searched Big Talbot Island today in Florida and while searching the ground near teh water line my detector would signal...Trying to search the area again I could no longer find the signal. Is it possible there was something there and it was just positioned in a wierd angle in the sand or maybe was it the water and the sand?? Also I dug up several coins that never audioed the detector just the visual signal went of and they listed as jewelery not coins...Is this strange or maybe is there something wrong with this detector or maybe I am not adjusting this properley..Any help would be useful.. However I did find a silver button a quarter ,a 1965p dime and several penny sized coins that are too eroded to see the dates...
Also I am looking for someone to search north florida with.....I like to compete....Well have a great day . I appreciate any replies....

Upvote 0

DymonsNRust

Nov 6, 2003
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Drew, the false beeps are occuring due to the electromagnetic field being interupted by the motion of the sea rushing onto the shore. Does your machine have a ground stabilizer?
Sometime, when my coil first hits the water, it sends a beep. If it hits a live green plant and my sensitivity is turned up, it will also beep. Pay attention to consistant beeps that don't wander and stay in one place. It comes with practice and then some....DymonsNRust
PS What machine do you use?

OP
OP
D

DrewShade

I use Whites Beach Hunter ID. Is this a descent machine... I seem to find a lot of stuff, just havent found anything of value yet. I know this machine finds pennies really well. 10-12 inches down np in the beach sand.

DymonsNRust

Nov 6, 2003
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Drew. I've never used a WHITE'S, but from what I hear about them from their users, they are very 'user friendly' and dependable. Even the best machine will not find anything if there is nothing there! My first machine (since I've reclaimed the hobby) was a Bounty Hunter. Not expensive and works terribly at the beach with false signals no ground balancing at all. Yet I found a couple of cool artifacts with it. One of them 10" deep in the sand! Research & PATIENCE are the key to finding cool stuff. I also own a Minelab ExplorerII which is an awesome machine with 28 FBS, (Minelab holds the patent for FBS). But, I haven't found anything too exciting lately either! I belong to a club here in central FL, and I'll tell you most of us find very little most of the time. Then all of a sudden, someone finds platinum and diamond ring or some weird rare coin!
Detect where people have congregated in the past. Ask locals about old picnic areas and Fairgrounds. Look at old maps. Look up Ghost Towns, old parks, old Forts, Shipwrecks. Is there any dredging of any rivers, lakes etc. going on in your area? That's a great way to find stuff without diving! I have found some really interesting things when our canal here was dreged to deepen it for boaters.
Let me know how things go for you! Keep trying and you may find something you never thought possile. DymonsNRust :D

OP
OP
D

DrewShade

I find some odd things all the time. Like when I went to american beach. American Beach is one of the nations oldest historical black beaches, located on AMelia ISland. I was hoping to find some bling bling, jk. But all I found was, well....you might laugh.... 1 gold teeth inserts, 3 trojan magnum wrappers, some mad dog and schlits bottles withcaps, roofing nails, and 4.37 cents in change. Not a bad day, I at least got a chuckle out of it.
Dymons I work on the weekends sometimes in Central Florida. If you are ever going out and dont mind company, drop me a email, cahnces are I am down there or in NOrth Florida trying to find something that will make me rich.. Or at least pay for my metal detector, lol or gas or etc.....

DymonsNRust

Nov 6, 2003
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL! Yeah, we TH's find some odd stuff! I will drop you a line when I can get out to MD. If you are near Sanford tomorrow evening, there is a Central Florida Metal Detectors Club meeting at the Sanford Garden Club a couple of miles North of the Sanford Flea Market on 17-92 at 7:30 PM. Visitors are always welcome! We have a lot of interesting finds to view at each meeting (2nd Friday of each month). All ages and genders attend.
DymonsNRust

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread