Who can post pictures of valuable sea glass?

arob

Nov 27, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dumpdiggers has added the fourth installment in the series
Beachcombing for fun and profit #4. I bookmarked it on Reddit today and it must have jumped right up to the top of the charts - i had 168 readers in less than forty minutes... then nothing.
Still its a popular series - I guess people like to think about tropical shorelines in Feb snowstorms.
I know I do.

Now I wonder if anyone on here collects sea glass and if they have any premium specimens to showcase here on this amazing forum.

Attachments

• treasure close dime.JPG
    treasure close dime.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 231

Tavis

Feb 6, 2008
I love seaglass, and I collect it too. I wouldn't be able to even begin to tell you whats valuable. Infact, I didn't know some seaglass WAS valuable until you said it just now.

OP
OP
arob

arob

Nov 27, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually no...and sorry for the confusion. In both cases I've already completed blog posts on the featured subjects.

And in both cases I stole pictures that were only half as good off the internet.

I would take my own pictures, if I was walking a decent tropical beach... but you should see the view the outside my window. We just had three feet of snow dumped on us here in Toronto!

This week I write about tropical beaches because I want to go there, and I reckoned that maybe you folks might want to read about them for the same reason.

My motivation in hosting a photo share here is to celebrate these unique collectibles and maybe educate folks who wish to click through and read the research I did yesterday.
Yesterday was my biggest day ever btw - I had 197 readers total.

Also note the photo I've used above is an eBay auction which ends on the 17th of Feb (Sunday) and
last I checked the auction was at $200US and there were 7 bids! So sea glass is hot stuff on eBay.

Finally let me add that Richard Lamotte himself replied to my post. It was very flattering, although he called me Chuck, which is not my name.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread