Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
donate to charities?

A friend said their local food program at the church was cancelled. No donations and many of the people who DID donate, are now the recipients....yikes.

times are getting bad, very bad out there for charities. the middle class who sustained those charities are now using them, and they are crashing.

yikes again

anyone seeing this in their areas?

(we farm so we donate 2 hogs we grow out very big to a local food organization. We get the tax write off they get ALOT of meat to help sustain them.) Plus we drop off produce etc.
BUT GET THIS---one program I stopped to say I can supply produce and they said 'they are not allowed to hand out' unboxed or uncanned type foods. WHAT THE ?? so they lost out big time...ugh

money is something I can not donate at this time. I truly need it darn it. times are rough.
if I can share my bounty I will....but geez, the darn property taxes are killing me LOL

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
A thrift shop ran by our local sheltered workshop just closed because they were spending more money hauling worthless donations (peoples trash) to the dump and couldn't break even on the good donations. People were using it for a free dump site. When people take advantage of those who are trying to do something good we all suffer.

I think what you are doing is great, it's a shame that some places only want money instead of your fresh produce. Keep it up and don't feel bad, you can only do so much but every little bit makes a difference.

HH Charlie

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Some areas are even worse than that. In some areas they are actively trying to shut down farmers markets. They have been trying to shut down raw milk companies for a while now. They just raided one and took over $900 from them. They are claiming that raw milk is a health hazard and needs govt. inspection. Also they are trying to push through legislation to put more restictions on all vitamin and supplement companies. Hang on, I think we are in for a rough ride. rockhound

F

Felinepeachy

The govt. could give a rats behind if it's a health hazard, they want money from it. If they cared about things being a health hazard they would outlaw processed food.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to laugh every time I see a headline that suggest that we may be in for another recession. I mean, they do realize we're still one, don't they? :laughing7:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
They are already getting about 75% of your money in taxes. You just don't know it. Take a look at car tires. They put a fed. excise tax at the mfg. you don't see it plus sales, inventory and markup are placed on it so you are paying tax on the tax. Take a look at your phone bill, how many taxes do you see. The worst is the realestate tax , one group values your property and another sets the tax rate. If the value goes down, the rate goes up. It's a loose/loose situation for you. If this tax rate keeps up, we will all wind up being renters. I sold a piece of property to catch up on my bills and my taxes are actually higher! I put in for the home owners tax credit and they are giving me the runaround. They keep sending me extra forms to fill out so they can complete the evaluation. The last one wanted to know what I spent on everything; food, clothes, insurance, loans, etc, and in what form I paid each; cash,credit card,check, etc. They even wanted copies of my tax forms as if they didn't already have them. The home owners tax credit is based solely on income!
Frank

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I propose to donate by volunteering. What better way to "donate?"

Best,
Scott

F

Felinepeachy

Does anyone know where we can find the new tax laws set to go into effect Jan 2012? I heard there was a pet tax starting then but I can't find anything definitive. All I can come up with is this:

Pets 4-44 pounds in weight would be subject to a $1 per pound “pet tax”.
Pets 45-85 pounds in weight would subject to a $1.50 per pound “pet tax”.
Pets 86 pounds and higher would be subject to a $2.00 per pound “pet tax”.
All pets under 3 pounds would be waived of any tax requirements.

I just want to see if this is for real. I don't see how they could enforce it.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Felinepeachy said:
Does anyone know where we can find the new tax laws set to go into effect Jan 2012? I heard there was a pet tax starting then but I can't find anything definitive. All I can come up with is this:

Any and all "pets" deserve the love and support that is afforded to them.
Who else is an advocate for their welfare? :dontknow:

Best,
Scott

Hey, Peachy! :hello:

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a pet tax :laughing9: :laughing9:

no never heard of it.....and I doubt it will ever happen. I would eat my pet before I paid taxes on it....remember I am a farmer....all my pets are one step away from the pot :laughing7: :laughing7:

the day they make a pet tax is the day this country would go bullestic I think.....absurd taxes are in abundance now, could you imagine a pet tax :tongue3:

I sure as heck would never pay it.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FarmerChick said:
a pet tax :laughing9: :laughing9:

no never heard of it.....and I doubt it will ever happen. I would eat my pet before I paid taxes on it....remember I am a farmer....all my pets are one step away from the pot :laughing7: :laughing7:

the day they make a pet tax is the day this country would go bullestic I think.....absurd taxes are in abundance now, could you imagine a pet tax :tongue3:

I sure as heck would never pay it.

Hmmm...
In that case, pets would be pigs, chickens and cattle!
(I've got recipes...)

Best,
Scott

PS. you meant "Ballistic," right? :-*

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Felinepeachy said:

I thought this was part of an April Fools joke that circulated back then, of course even if was just a joke then our legislators would steal the idea. Hmm.......have to look around.

I know that some States, at least Cali, did or considered increasing or introducing certain pet related takes to raise revenue.

F

Felinepeachy

I would never pay it either. Well I take that back, I would pay it with what I scoop out of the litter box everyday. :laughing7:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Felinepeachy said:
I would never pay it either. Well I take that back, I would pay it with what I scoop out of the litter box everyday. :laughing7:
Litter box?
You haven't trained Bill et al to flush? :laughing7:

Best,
Scott

F

Felinepeachy

None of them like the rain or snow. During good weather, all but two of them will go in the field out back but the other two still will run to the door to come in to go, no matter the weather. LOL

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I once had this black cat that strayed in and stayed for the inside cat. It would actually use the toilet. The problem was I could never train it to flush. Frank

F

Felinepeachy

Frankn said:
I once had this black cat that strayed in and stayed for the inside cat. It would actually use the toilet. The problem was I could never train it to flush. Frank

That wasn't this cats problem. He's obsessed with flushing LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions