Who does this?!

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today while I was walking into Target (with a three year old) a woman comes up to me and was crying and telling me she needed some money.
She had no teeth and really seamed obviously down on luck... or whatever!
So she says to me "can I have some money to get to Clearwater."
I was like "take the local bus!" WTH?
so she then goes on to tell me it will cost her 39 bucks to go the 25 miles to Clearwater and she cant pay it.
I started to say "hey look I don't have any cash" but then I remembered that I had just gotten some cash for my neighbors kids Xmas gifts.
I open up my purse to give her something and all I had was twenty dollar bills, so I asked again how much the bus trip was and she told me again, 40 dollars. So being its the holidays I gave her two twenties. She was very sweet, thanked me..I said have a nice holiday..bye bye....she said the same.

I walk into the Target and the kid that gets the carts from the parking lot says to me "wow, she really suckered you huh?, she has been here for three days now with that same story"!

I still can't believe that I fell for that....she seemed to be really in need of help.

scubatreasure

Aug 14, 2008
Trinity, florida
omg, she hit me up yesterday and i told her i was pennie less and she had a different story said she needed money for meds....i just kinda sighed and said sorry
you are such a kind soul kelly, but the harsh reality is that many people are out there....way out there and need professional help that we cant give them and the money is going for booze or drugs or both ....but god bless your heart sweetie...................BOB

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
go back and kick her @&^%$* oops sorry

OP
OP
K*E*L*L*Y

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ARE YOU KIDDING? I wish I had walked back out to her and kicked her! lololo you told her you were penniless? but one problem.. the location would tell otherwise kiddo.. I wish I just kept on walking...for whatever reason I always want to think the best of people.. and always get burned!

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
titanicgirl

It's that season. ;D :D :wink:

Seems like it's always that season. :-\

By the way,,,,,,,,,,will be pm'ing you, need to get back
to SHERMANVILLE REAL BAD. :icon_pirat: ::)
Mom is sick; Sister is drunk; dog has worms. Hope you
will be able to help.

have a good un.........
SHERMANVILLE

OP
OP
K*E*L*L*Y

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok... so if $800 a day for a "good" spot... why no teeth? just to look the part?

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Look...

You did what you thought you needed to do.

Period.

You're heart was right and you did a wonderful thing based on your knowledge.

Sucker - yes. Wonderful thing anyways... yes. Keep on knowing you tried to help someone.

She needed that money, no matter what a scumbag liar she is.

I hate beggers. Just sayin.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Zesty hit the nail right on the head....your heart was in the perfect spot and you did a good thing for good reasons...you will reap what you sow! :wink:

Pimp Lenin

Apr 4, 2006
The Great State of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
P.O.S.
titanicgirl said:
ok... so if $800 a day for a "good" spot... why no teeth? just to look the part?

Probably on drugs. Meth is known to make your teeth fall out really fast.

I guess I am a total --deleted-- because I would have told her to shove off. Too many times I've heard sob stories like this, and I gurantee you that 99% of it is bull.

Once, in Australia, they had a lady going door to door to people's houses asking for $2 with some sob story. I told her something along the lines "lady, you're lucky you are in Australia, because if you did this back home I would have blown you away by now for trespassing." She left real quick!

Another time a lady walked up to me while I was at the freakin' ATM and asked me for twenty bucks. I left loose a string of cuss words that would have made a dirty Dutch sailor blush.

On a daily basis along the Sydney rail line crackheads would ask "have a two dollar coin, mate/love?" Piss off I say!

I just don't have the time or energy to deal with these people.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Pimp Lenin said:
titanicgirl said:

Probably on drugs. Meth is known to make your teeth fall out really fast.

I guess I am a total --deleted-- because I would have told her to shove off. Too many times I've heard sob stories like this, and I gurantee you that 99% of it is bull.

Once, in Australia, they had a lady going door to door to people's houses asking for $2 with some sob story. I told her something along the lines "lady, you're lucky you are in Australia, because if you did this back home I would have blown you away by now for trespassing." She left real quick!

Another time a lady walked up to me while I was at the frakin' ATM and asked me for twenty bucks. I left loose a string of cuss words that would have made a dirty Dutch sailor blush.

On a daily basis along the Sydney rail line crackheads would ask "have a two dollar coin, mate/love?" Piss off I say!

I just don't have the time or energy to deal with these people.

I'm with you... I'll walk on by... I'm an azz like that. Crack = no teeth... you're dead on.

But - I applaude those who have that "conservative" streak in them that has NOT been spoiled and who reach out to help where they can.

MSgtUSAF

Mar 8, 2006
This reminds me of years ago, me and my little brother were driving across Wash state and stopped in some small town for gas. A young clean cut guy comes up and said he ran out of gas and needed to buy a can and gas. Anyway my brother gave the guy 10 bucks and we went and got some snacks and gas, as we were driving out back to the highway my bother slams on the brakes and turns around. The guy who he gave the money too was walking under the overpass on the other side of the street counting a big wad of bills. Now my little brother is not really little, 6'4" 240, I thought the guys was gonna pee his pants when he being held against the wall about 6 inches off the ground, end of story little brother got his 10 bucks back.

MSgt

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Titanicgirl.. errr... I mean Dr. Kelly-

You just got what us old geezers call experience

OP
OP
K*E*L*L*Y

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all... I never thought about Meth.. but that does seem to fit the picture well...no teeth.

At least maybe last night when she was getting high she didnt need to "turn a trick" to get her fix.

live and learn.

thanks again!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana Elf said:
Look...

You did what you thought you needed to do.

Period.

You're heart was right and you did a wonderful thing based on your knowledge.

Sucker - yes. Wonderful thing anyways... yes. Keep on knowing you tried to help someone.

She needed that money, no matter what a scumbag liar she is.

I hate beggers. Just sayin.

I Agree.

No matter what the real Excuse.

To become a begger You must be on the Bottom
in the first Place. I Don't think people Aspire
to beg.

Even though I wouldn't have believed the story
& Would have told her so, I May have slippied her a Buck or two
for the "Jollies"

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MSgtUSAF said:
This reminds me of years ago, me and my little brother were driving across Wash state and stopped in some small town for gas. A young clean cut guy comes up and said he ran out of gas and needed to buy a can and gas. Anyway my brother gave the guy 10 bucks and we went and got some snacks and gas, as we were driving out back to the highway my bother slams on the brakes and turns around. The guy who he gave the money too was walking under the overpass on the other side of the street counting a big wad of bills. Now my little brother is not really little, 6'4" 240, I thought the guys was gonna pee his pants when he being held against the wall about 6 inches off the ground, end of story little brother got his 10 bucks back.

MSgt

What no Interest for the Loan ?

I think the going rate would have been 20% Compounded By the Second
he had it :P

Just Kidding :wink:
I would have Chalked it up as "Entertainment"

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry 3 posts in a Row:

Don't Feed the Beggers on the Atlantic City Boardwalk.
I did that once.

They either carry 2 way radios or stay within sight of each other.

I Once gave one a hand full of change for a "Cup of Coffee :P "

Got a short distance down to the next Bench, Got asked again
gave another Handfull, & Till I got to the next bench
had two more . Gave to them then decided on a different Route. :D

I Hope at least one of them Doubled their coins in the slots
before loosing it again & Heading back out.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't be too hard on yourself. I see lots of people giving to the beggars, so you are not alone.

OP
OP
K*E*L*L*Y

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Willie...a friend has informed me that right now we have tons of "beggars" in our area right now because of the cold whether up north.
so just dont be an idiot like I was!
:-[

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions