Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who doesn't LOVE a Hammock? ;)

...I'm putting these in the exact order they happened in...hope you enjoy & feel the bliss of a "hammock"...as they do or did...;)

RSCN5751.JPG FSCN5738.JPG RSCN5737.JPG

FSCN5732.JPG FSCN5730.JPG FSCN5728.JPG

....not to hard to tell which one is the mom and which one the son..... FSCN5743.JPG ..:)

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heh heh, I think..most cats probably would avoid them hammocks CK. Seems you've some "adventurous pals" :thumbsup:

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cats can entertain you no mater what they are doing, happy kitties.:coffee2:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, this may cause a lot of folks to 'dislike' me more than 'like' me. I'm not a cat lover! I'm more a 'dog lover'. I've never cared for cats. I don't hate them; don't despise them. My son has one, my grandson has one, and a close friend that lives close has one. The close friend also feeds two other cats that are from next door. So that's 5 cats within the proximity of our front door. Two of them live in the house with us. When I get up in the morning, I put out food for my grandson's dog and cat, and my son's cat. My dog doesn't seem to want to eat until around late morning or early afternoon. I don't mistreat cats! When I'm outside and the two neighbors' cats are around, I reach down and pat/rub them and talk to them some. If I'm around the friend's cat, I'll do the same with it. Inside the house, I talk to 'our' 2 cats and pet them. But, personally, I wouldn't have a cat for a pet.
I do have a new hammock! Its' a free standing one; but hasn't been assembled yet. The backyard if a 'disaster' area as far as grass is concerned. The neighbor behind us had a huge old cottonwood tree in his backyard close to the fence. The root system was enormous. The 'stick-ups' from it overtook the backyard while my daughter and son-in-law were not able to take care of it, both physically and financially. When I moved into the house with them in 2010, the backyard was a 'jungle'. The stickups were covering about 70% of the yard and some were about 5 feet tall. My health (COPD) was just beginning to deteriorate at that time. I hired a couple of men that do odd jobs and yard work to come help get the yard cleared. The next year, the stickups started again; but my son and I worked and kept them under control. Finally last year, we dug down far enough to cut the roots and 'doctor' them with a root killer. Also the neighbor cut down the old cottonwood tree. Now the yard is almost bare of grass, with just some weeds that we are keeping down. I have plans for sodding the yard as soon as I can do so. In the meantime, I discovered a new wooden-framed hammock on a close-out sale a couple of months ago, and just couldn't resist it! It's sitting in the garage, still boxed until I can get the backyard in better shape.

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks vpnavy...:)

TJE...yes the cats are very "curious" and love to do new things and are both big "hams", all we have to say is "lets go to the hammock" & they're there, even liking to "swing", the boy more so. lol

Thanks tamrock :cat:

texasred....Yeah, some people are "dog" folk & some "cat". I've almost always had a cat...but only twice by choice & that was when I was little. After that they just always seem to find us & it's hard to say "no". My hubby was always a dog person but was "converted" over to felines after one "found" us...lol The female one we have now adopted us almost 2 years ago when she showed up meowing at our back door as a half grown kitten. She wouldn't give up, kept going from back door to front door until we finally gave in & fed her. We decided to let her be an outside cat & of course she had kittens. Then hubby wanted to keep one, so we had both fixed and now have these two amazingly smart & very people oriented "inside & outside" furry friends. :)

Brian C. ....yes they're a lot of fun!

Last edited:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I'd say that your cats are really spoiled-rotten.
But I do have a question, Don't your cats have an impact (prey on) on the birds that visit your yard?

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my Pawleys Island hammock and sure miss my 14 year old 3 legged cat ! Thanks Cat!

IMG_0603.JPG

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
old digger.....:laughing7: well, they are "well loved" but were taught manners...so they never catch birds...I wish. Actually very good question, our "bird feeder place" is situated in the middle of a clear spot, so the birds have a "safe view" of the surroundings & dangers (:cat:). Plus they're in doors on & off and they don't like being in the sun this time of year...so...we've been very lucky on protecting the birds, haven't seen any feathers in the area....dead lizards yes, but no birds so far....everything has its draw backs and cats are hunters....we don't have mice! :thumbsup:

Tn....:sad7:so sorry about your sweet guy, what a cutie (I'm guessing) "he" is. How did you get him, did he come with 3 when he adopted you? Looks like he knew he was loved! note: if it turns out it's a girl, I promise to fix the "he's"...;)

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually inherited him when my Mom died.. He was a great hunter and retriever. He ate a couple squirrels a week. His limb became arthritic . I thought he had hurt his paw. Took to the vet and they said he was very healthy and the vet "surgeon" recommened removing the limb and said he would not miss it. It was that or put him down. I went for the surgery and he lived happily for about 4 more years. He could not hunt like he used to but never seemed to miss the leg and kinda loped along. I made sure he got his weekly squirrel. Never claimed to be a cat person but that cat.. well he was kinda special to me.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, this may cause a lot of folks to 'dislike' me more than 'like' me. I'm not a cat lover! I'm more a 'dog lover'. I've never cared for cats. I don't hate them; don't despise them. My son has one, my grandson has one, and a close friend that lives close has one. The close friend also feeds two other cats that are from next door. So that's 5 cats within the proximity of our front door. Two of them live in the house with us. When I get up in the morning, I put out food for my grandson's dog and cat, and my son's cat. My dog doesn't seem to want to eat until around late morning or early afternoon. I don't mistreat cats! When I'm outside and the two neighbors' cats are around, I reach down and pat/rub them and talk to them some. If I'm around the friend's cat, I'll do the same with it. Inside the house, I talk to 'our' 2 cats and pet them. But, personally, I wouldn't have a cat for a pet.
I do have a new hammock! Its' a free standing one; but hasn't been assembled yet. The backyard if a 'disaster' area as far as grass is concerned. The neighbor behind us had a huge old cottonwood tree in his backyard close to the fence. The root system was enormous. The 'stick-ups' from it overtook the backyard while my daughter and son-in-law were not able to take care of it, both physically and financially. When I moved into the house with them in 2010, the backyard was a 'jungle'. The stickups were covering about 70% of the yard and some were about 5 feet tall. My health (COPD) was just beginning to deteriorate at that time. I hired a couple of men that do odd jobs and yard work to come help get the yard cleared. The next year, the stickups started again; but my son and I worked and kept them under control. Finally last year, we dug down far enough to cut the roots and 'doctor' them with a root killer. Also the neighbor cut down the old cottonwood tree. Now the yard is almost bare of grass, with just some weeds that we are keeping down. I have plans for sodding the yard as soon as I can do so. In the meantime, I discovered a new wooden-framed hammock on a close-out sale a couple of months ago, and just couldn't resist it! It's sitting in the garage, still boxed until I can get the backyard in better shape.

Backyard hell. Put that hammock up in the bedroom, buy a bottle of rum and pretend you live in the tropics. Besides, I LOVE cats, but they'll pee all over that hammock to mark their territory if you put it outside...

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I love CATS and I love the markings on those two. Not sure I could live without one, but who knows...

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As I said, I don't hate cats; just am not partial to them. The one my son has now, was born under the house when we lived back in Texas. My son and I were standing on the front porch and this little 'dark thing' came staggering across the walk. My wife fixed it some warm milk. After it had drank it's fill, I took it outside and dug under the underpinning of the house so I could put it back under the house where the mother cat had been. About 3 days later we saw the kitten staggering along beside the walk. I was almost dead. The mother cat apparently abandoned it. We never saw the mother again. Coyotes/wolves may have killed her. We had quite a few of them around at that time. After feeding the kitten again, my wife said she didn't really know what to do with it now. I told her that if the dogs got along with it, we might as well keep it at least until it was old enough to fend for itself. The dogs seemed to enjoy it being around; so we had two dogs and a cat.
Pictures: Randall-son, Skipper-pug/chi mix, Macy-chi/terrier mix, and Sassy-cat. In the chair a few weeks later, Sassy, yawning Skipper, and growling Macy, Skipper had just stepped on her!
I'll try to post some current pictures of them later. I have them on a disc that I 'burned' before I wiped the computer a while back and just haven't reloaded them yet.
Had to put Skipper to sleep in 2011 due to kidney failure. Macy is now 12+ years old. Sassy is almost 9.

Attachments

• Randall, Skipper, Macy, and Sassy.jpg
    Randall, Skipper, Macy, and Sassy.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 71
  • Randall, Skipper, Macy, and Sassy...jpg
    Randall, Skipper, Macy, and Sassy...jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Sassy, Skipper, and Macy.jpg
    Sassy, Skipper, and Macy.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 71
OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tn...what a wonderful story about your 3-legger (name?), shows a lot of love to help him like you did..."thank you".:icon_thumright: You know, a lot of folk say they're not "cat" people, until they get a special one...like the one you had and actually pay it attention...then you're amazed by what you get back.;) A "retriever"...really?

Austin....so far our cats haven't "smelled-up" the hammock...maybe it's only the unaltered males who'd do that? And :thumbsup: for loving cats.

texasred....don't worry, it's fine not to "Love" cats...:laughing7:..to each his own. I Love those pictures you posted...how darling they all are! And thanks for telling the story of how you got "Sassy". And what cute puppies you have/had, nice to see they all got along and so sorry about losing your dear Skipper. Your son looks very happy with his "lap full of love" in the pictures.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread