• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 211

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
I've had the flu a few times in my life, and I've never had a flu shot. But, to be fair, Texas "Cedar Fever" is just like the flu, in that you'll be laid up for 3 days...

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a sinus infection that went to bronchitis...that kept me feeling pretty dang miserable. I get the flu shot every year.

Hope you get to feeling better real soon.

sickturkey.jpg

Attachments

• sickturkey.jpg
    sickturkey.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 311

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi mama, Just talked to Mrs. Poorhunter about 11:15pm WV time.. She left Ft. Lauderdale on a Cruise Saturday, They were turned around today due to a Flu Outbreak on the Ship.. Hope Her and her mama make it back to sure Ok.

Funny thing. I talked to her on Saturday before they boarded the ship.. They had to wait until it was Sanatized.. The previous cruise run, Had an outbreak on it also.. Told her I would be leary about boarding in the first place..

Poorhunter (worried about the Mrs.) ???

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
OMG! RR that pic is hilarious. looks just like I felt! I never get the flu shot, but after this yr I might start. all tho a friend got the shot & still got sick. I'm better every day, specially after being able to get outside. maybe a good dose of gold is all I need to heal. (already tried jewish penicilin)

C

Cappy Z.

Two people in Florida just died after getting the flu for only three days...The CDC is doing autopsies.

Could be germ warfare as expected.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
never had the real flu, in fact no one in my immediate families have had the real flu
sure a few days of crud etc. but never the real deal.

I got a flu shot. had to this year. we all did cause FIL is doing chemo for his cancer. recommended we all get one to be around him since his immune system is taking a beating.

hope you feel better!!!! pneumonia kills alot of people. be careful always with the chest congestion etc. seek medical help fast if it is the chest.

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Poorhunter family got Flu shot's.. First for me..

Then again, never needed one before.. Don't go to Dr. They charge to Darn Much!! :evil5:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never had one either til this year in my life.

never had the flu and I haven't taken 'anything herbal' or otherwise to prevent it :)

so no way to weigh in the true stats on any of this. it is a crapshoot I think :laughing9:

get shot--get flu
don't get shot--get flu
get shot--no flu
no shot--no flu
no shot--you die from something else anyway
get shot--you die from something else too!!

I eat healthy tho. I exercise. I avoid gross nasty snotty unhealthy people truly :laughing9:

I went to the Dr. the other day for some lab work cause insurance pays for wellness for free so what the heck right. I do it.
gal in front of me hacking way every 5 seconds. bad bad coughing. heck I backed way over and sat down far away til she got her paperwork done at the window. It was all I could do to go up to that window. I still hung back a bit LOL

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
my doc several yrs ago got the flu shot & ended up in hospitol, almost died from it. he had a bad reaction. I have always had qualms about vacinations specially with my kids, (tho I made sure they got them, friends son got whooping cough cuz she didn't vacinate) but that just made it worse.
I know I was exposed to it at walmart. every other person was coughing & sick. I make sure I use hand wipes they provide, but that only goes so far. If your sick stay home.
Farmerchick, went to doc. 2 rounds of anti biotics. not messing around w/ pneumonia. bad stuff.
happy to say am feeling better every day.
didn't lnow about olive leaf. gonna try it.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea the pneumonia is a bad one for sure

it is unbelievable how many people die from pneumonia. I am sure it is a certain strain or something?? but geez, I have had a few aunts and uncles pass from complications with that pneumonia.

bad stuff

I always go earlier than later to the Dr. when it comes to the chest. that is my rule. no breathe, no life. no option for me to not go to the dr. early and get treated.

glad you are feeling better. it sure can wipe you out and take a while to truly get over that chest problem.

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
farmerchick, my moms bro died at 3 from pneumonia she swears it was cuz he went out in the cold right after bath. cuz of that she was always paranoid of cold weather. me I love the cold.
& speaking of chest problems, there was a show on a poor girl that was 34 kk! now that is a chest problem! sorry I know totally off topic but- - I can fight pneumonia.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Never have had the shot or the flu, refuse to let my wife or kids get the shot, they've been healthy all winter too. Crap, I had to say that...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread