Who has come across These while Metal Detecting?

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
Those Button Batteries will really make your detector scream at you.

Along with being round that most detectors are programmed to, they have manganese dioxide, silver oxide, carbon monofluoride & cupric oxide inside.

If you want to mess with a group of guys beach detecting, throw a handful of the really small battery buttons in their path. They fall through the scoop and will drive them nuts trying to figure it out. It's a joke, Guys! :)

-- button batt.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought some for the remote of my home alarm system. There was a tag on it showing a child and telling the purchaser not to feed to children. Never found one in the ground though. I really don't get out much.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why would anyone want to invest in a bunch of button cells just to "mess" with some beach hunters? Seems pretty juvenile to me.
luvsdux

OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would anyone want to invest in a bunch of button cells just to "mess" with some beach hunters? Seems pretty juvenile to me.
luvsdux

Hey! Lighten Up! Why don't you get out and have fun, instead of sulking until spring.

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
Those Button Batteries will really make your detector scream at you.

Along with being round that most detectors are programmed to, they have manganese dioxide, silver oxide, carbon monofluoride & cupric oxide inside.

If you want to mess with a group of guys beach detecting, throw a handful of the really small battery buttons in their path. They fall through the scoop and will drive them nuts trying to figure it out.

-- View attachment 907392
Hey, let's not give anyone ideas! There is enough crap on our beaches without adding those to the mix!:protest:

OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, let's not give anyone ideas! There is enough crap on our beaches without adding those to the mix!:protest:

Hey cudamark ... have you hit on any of these in the sand? I've hit about four in the last few months. They scream SILVER down below!! :)

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found a couple of them but nothing to fret over.....yet. Did you get your ATX yet?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SoCal- just throw zincs lot cheaper and I hate them almost as much! Lol! I can tell when it's a button battery, the signal bounces around & won't lock on, same with AA batteries . :) I hate finding them, then "I" have to dispose of them, instead of the lazy toad that left them there.

therelichunter

Jul 8, 2013
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep Ive found a couple of them.. and they do make a good sound on the infiniium
I found them in my parents yard.. both wear hearing aids.. I know where they come from.
I just laugh and go ahead..
Danny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread