Who has gold on their property???

HobbyHuntress

Jun 3, 2016
North Metro Atlanta area, Georgia
Detector(s) used
None yet!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
THIS GIRL!! That's who! You have to look really hard. I circled the gold on one picture to make it easier to spot. I know it's not much right now, but beggars can't be choosers and I am happy! :laughing7: :hello2: I did test it, it did not break, crumble, flake, and when I pressed my fingernail into it, the gold bent. Very happy regardless of the volume.

Thank you all for the tips on my other thread! I cannot wait to find more!

Gold1.jpeg Gold2.jpeg Gold3.jpeg Gold4.jpeg

Upvote 0

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the club of gold bearing property owners Huntress! We found our gold in the trench that was dug for the propane line from the tank to the house during construction last year. I noticed a gravel layer and decided to give it a quick test and found some -20/+30 sized pieces in it. Our situation is a bit different then yours though in that our place is on an alluvial plain but still close to the mountain it washed out of. There are still working mines in those mountains to this day. There is quite a bit of gold in this valley because it's pretty much all been filled in by materials washing down from the Cherbat and Black Hills ranges. Both ranges have gold in them and this is one of the more productive areas of the state.

List of "Projects" that are in my future....
1. Swimming pool. (aka the cement pond) That should give us a LOT of material to run
2. Planting many large trees that require LARGE DEEP holes.
3. Koi pond. Sunken in design of course
4. Fountain with base pool that's about 6ft deep?

All materials removed during these projects will be run through the wash plant. Can't be putting back "Dirty dirt" after all.

Anyone with more ideas feel free to speak up!

Septic tank with plenty of laterals.
Underground sprinkler system.
Wishing well.

GG~

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Home made drop riffle, 'zook' mini prospector, 'zook' sniper
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the club of gold bearing property owners Huntress! We found our gold in the trench that was dug for the propane line from the tank to the house during construction last year. I noticed a gravel layer and decided to give it a quick test and found some -20/+30 sized pieces in it. Our situation is a bit different then yours though in that our place is on an alluvial plain but still close to the mountain it washed out of. There are still working mines in those mountains to this day. There is quite a bit of gold in this valley because it's pretty much all been filled in by materials washing down from the Cherbat and Black Hills ranges. Both ranges have gold in them and this is one of the more productive areas of the state.

List of "Projects" that are in my future....
1. Swimming pool. (aka the cement pond) That should give us a LOT of material to run
2. Planting many large trees that require LARGE DEEP holes.
3. Koi pond. Sunken in design of course
4. Fountain with base pool that's about 6ft deep?

All materials removed during these projects will be run through the wash plant. Can't be putting back "Dirty dirt" after all.

Anyone with more ideas feel free to speak up!
Ithink you need a wine cellar and possibly an underground carpark/storage for all your equip...

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
All excellent ideas guys! well... Except for the hockey rink there Rod. Trust me when I say you don't want to see this crazy old Irishman on skates! I had enough trouble with skis at times and they're a lot wider than skates are! :laughing7:

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An Irishminer with a hockey stick in his hands no less !

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, I do have gold on the property--but it is microscopic and will not pan out. That is because it is Cripple Creek "waste rock" from the telluride ores that were sold for all sorts of uses before 1980. All of the selling basically stopped when gold skyrocketed and most of these type tailings got heap-leached. I can crush some of it and then cyanide it if I want to extract the gold. :)

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
I found gold in the creek behind my house within a month of moving in, pickers to super fine. Haven't done much more prospecting since, other than metal detecting. The creek feeds my neighbors pond and last week I noticed they had a backhoe out there digging out the material that was washed down during the winter. I'm thnking about offering my Highbanker/dredge services next year.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found gold in the creek behind my house within a month of moving in, pickers to super fine. Haven't done much more prospecting since, other than metal detecting. The creek feeds my neighbors pond and last week I noticed they had a backhoe out there digging out the material that was washed down during the winter. I'm thnking about offering my Highbanker/dredge services next year.

next year?

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Do the kneibhorly thing and offer to help him and maybe off to give him a location on your property to drop the material.......:) we will be over to help you clean it up !:)

sharonhorton

Nov 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there, last year I owned a new property, but not seen a particle of gold. It's all about luck.

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We had a little bit of gold on our old property. The creek by the cabin cut through old river material, wasn't super rich but yielded an occasional flake. A neighbor tried to run a 2.5" dredge down there but the other neighbor threw a fit over silt getting in his irrigation pump intake. Our new property has a lot more gold. Did a little sluicing and detecting this year. Found a little bit, enough to get me excited for spring time.

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this in my drainage ditch in my front yard, congrats on your find ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1483560032.711371.jpg

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my wife she was a gold digger :hello:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, about this much per cubic yard. IMAG0634.jpg

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ha ha, I wish, a few hundred buckets and I would have an ounce! My property would look like Swiss cheese!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
My property would be a giant hole in the ground - with me at the bottom! spaz.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread