Who has the best "package deal" for the Tesoro Sand Shark?

beckleeson

Jul 19, 2012
West Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
TESORO Cutlass II µMAX , TESORO Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to be getting one in the next week and wondered if anybody has shopped around or knows of a great place to get one.I see them coming with different brands of Head Phones thats about it, (i dont know if anyone actual gives more than that) and I don't know which Head Phones are good or crap!

Also, should I go with the 10.5 or 8" coil and whats the difference really? I'll be working Florida Gulf of Mexico!

Thanks alot guys

LOVE THIS FORUM :icon_thumright:

Last edited:

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't list or advertise itemized special packages, give me a call and we can discuss what you need and then put a package together. Just how I prefer to do it, I'm not into flashy lights and over solicitation just trying to help out fellow hobbyists.

OP
OP
B

beckleeson

Jul 19, 2012
West Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, well never mind about the head phones, I was unaware they were hardwired to the control box. So I guess there all the same!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All you can do is call all the dealers and visit them to see what they offer if anything. As for what size coil is better I would choose the smaller one as it will be easier to use in the waves.

OP
OP
B

beckleeson

Jul 19, 2012
West Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All you can do is call all the dealers and visit them to see what they offer if anything. As for what size coil is better I would choose the smaller one as it will be easier to use in the waves.

Thanks Sandman,

1 question though! Whats the difference in performance with the different sized coils? Is the 10.5 going to hit deeper (which i'm not worried about) or is it just a larger surface so I would be less likely to pass over a target area?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The larger coil will give you another 1"-2" in depth, but is less sensitive to smaller targets than the 8". When you here folks talkining about larger coils covering more area, take it with a grain of salt. You will not cover more area faster with a 10.5" coil, than you will with the 8" coil. Good Luck!

JKPK1

Sep 27, 2009
Florida
I agree with the Sandman and Terry. In regards to my SS experiences, I can't imagine digging even deeper than my 8" finds stuff at. 8" is manageable in the waves.

As for package deals, it seems Tesoro has a price structure dealers are to comply with.

PK

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol I hunt the surf with 15 inch coils. I had no problem finding a .06 gram gold ring with it either.. I also found a .02 of a gram piece of gold that is the 14 stamp charm to a gold chain with the 15 inch wot, no chain just the gold label charm with the 14K stamp...Really surprised me...

Take the comments that a large coil want find small gold with a grain of salt as well..

Last edited:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Excal is not a PI, but its large coil finds earring backs and studs.

sandshark32431

Greenie
Jul 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a 2 month old sand shark still have warranty card will sell it for 500 shipped 10.5 inch coil

OP
OP
B

beckleeson

Jul 19, 2012
West Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a 2 month old sand shark still have warranty card will sell it for 500 shipped 10.5 inch coil

I'm going to be picking one up from my local tesoro supplier in tampa.

Pretty sure you have to be a Charter Member to sell on here sandshark.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread