Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm a little confused about just who is a hate monger.

When I was a child, it was totally acceptable to belittle Islam, Hinduism, etc., almost any religion except Christianity (but if it was belittled not many would say anything).

As of 9/11 it's a big sin to write or speak despairingly of moderate or general, Islam. To express strong feelings about this loving and kind religion is to brand oneself a hate monger. But until this year it was okay to speak strong words of criticism against radical Islam (like those who allegedly flew the planes into the twin towers). Now I see online that some in the media are saying that to speak against radical Islam is to make oneself a hate monger (this is in light of the latest infamous film).

Okay, but I have also noticed that the highly blasphemous fictional film "The Da Vinci Code" (and countless rock songs and some other films) is okay and not in the slightest the product of a hate monger.

Are we seeing a double standard here?

Getting away from the religious thing which I personally couldn't care less about, what exactly is a so-called "hate monger?" Is it a relative designation that changes with the culture or some sort of set law?

Please clarify this for me.

Last edited:

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of like saying "Cocaine"? "I hate the way it smells"

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe it's that we must never hate. To hate anything is to brand oneself a hate monger???

But who will determine the fine line between dislike and hate?

Maybe dislike is hate?

Will the day come when we must all like everything?

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I see that youre starting to see things a little more clearly there M.B.Its called projection.Its the same as being called a racist by a racist when in fact youre not a racist. The accused is actually innocent of what the accuser is saying but the accuser is guilty of the accusing fact.On par with being a hypocrite.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
radical islam -- you must be islam or die if you will not "force convert" * is juist like any other "forced mindset" program where you must agree to be "in agreement / be one of the "group" or die -- be it of any "faith" or idealogic train of thought -- its a form of "do as I say or die" brain washing --if I think your unacceptible , I have the "right" to kill you , just because your "differant" than me and what I believe in -- its a rabid form of "xenophobia" --the fear of strangers and atll things "foreign" to you -- basically it is like the nazi's of WW2 --they blend "racism , their own culturial beliefs and reiogous beliefs " into a deadly thought "koolaid" which you must drink or be killed for not drinking -- no tolerancet will be allowed --be one of us or die -- radical Islamic persons tired of british rule in paliistan agreed to fight for hilter during WW2 , with the understanding that they would be given self rule and control of the area if hitler won the war -- hitler supplied arms and supplies to these arabic rebels -- there is a provible link between todays " radical muslims" and the old nazi supported muslims of WW2 -- -- nazi muslims -- who knew.--thats why they act and think the way they do , death to isreal , and attack the countries that were the allied powers in WW2 thathelped to beat hilter -- america , france, britan ., russia ---are the radical muslim --in fact the 4th reich set up and suported by the "ODDESA" GROUP ? -- THE POST WW2 BRAIN CHILD OF FORMER NAZI'S THAT HID IN AND LIVED IN THE MIDDLE EAST -- twisting and using the religion of Islam as a "front" to brain wash hundreds of thousands into becoming "radical Islamist" to do their bidding

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The heck with what they say, call it what it is. Than at least you can live with yourself! There are two types of Islam, radical Islam and closet radical Islam also known as moderate Islam. When the action starts, the closet door opens. Read this fast because I have no doubt the radicals will remove it. Frank Vote   700.jpg

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
The heck with what they say, call it what it is. Than at least you can live with yourself! There are two types of Islam, radical Islam and closet radical Islam also known as moderate Islam. When the action starts, the closet door opens. Read this fast because I have no doubt the radicals will remove it. Frank View attachment 676338
Is it gone yet? Frank

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I see online that some in the media are saying that to speak against radical Islam is to make oneself a hate monger (this is in light of the latest infamous film).

Of course, in the context of that film. If a Muslim made one degrading Jews the media would say the same thing. I really don't see the issue here, seems like pretty straight forward common sense to me.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
I am not a fan of any "join us or die" group-- of any type or any stripe -- I am a American , where we have "FREEDOM OF CHOICE" to be what WE CHOOSE to be --so long as we live peacefully with each other , you can be of whatever "group" or mixture of "groups" you want to be --so if you want to be a communist gay jewish biker , you can be and no one will kill you for it ( at least not legally speaking)

since RADICAL ISLAM will not allow for me to live * under their rules --its be muslim or die * -- I view hating their "intolerance" as both logical and as a form of self defense --since we can not co exist ( I am willing to co exist --however they WILL NOT --SO IN MY OWN SELF DEFENSE THEY HAVE GO --BY THEIR OWN CHOICE NOT MINE -- BECAUSE IF THEY LIVE AND SPREAD , AND GAIN "CONTROL" -- AMERICA AS WE KNOW AND LOVE IT DIES. --AND THAT IS UNACCEPTIBLE TO ME. -- anyone who condems AMERICANS for practicing self defense AGAINST RADICAL iSLAMIST* is either a fool or a foe of America.

I think of it as being a lot like a "armed criminal" breaking into my home (kill or be killed) -- generally speaking I am peaceful person with no wish to harm others ,but I must defend my home , myself and loved ones from harm because as the MAN of the house it is "my job" to take out the trash out of it --- be it in bags or the walking around type

Last edited:

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it's that we must never hate. To hate anything is to brand oneself a hate monger???

But who will determine the fine line between dislike and hate?

Maybe dislike is hate?

Will the day come when we must all like everything?

Whether you are 'religious" or not, speaking from a Christian perspective. Jesus defines Love and hate in the book of Matthew. In it he explains the foundational concept of Love and how that is the point of the ten commandments. "Hating" someone makes you guilty of murder. Therefore to hate someone you would kill them if not for the social consequences, you don't simply want to not associate with them or to walk away, you want them dead and wish you could do it yourself.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Iron Patch, did I read you incorrectly? There have been several movies about the Christian beliefs, one defined the life of Christ in a ,shall I say, different manor. There was was not a media blast against them. The thing is we have freedom of speech Eagle 1   700.jpg , but the media is biased by political agendas. frank

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The issue is that everyone takes sides anymore "religious" vs. atheist, liberal vs. conservative. To disagree is to hate i.e. hate monger.

The "issues" are now non issues, if you are liberal you are totally wrong and there is no need to discuss the topic causing the disagreement in the first place, and vice-versa.

Political commercials are a glaring example it's "he did..." "he didn't..." instead of what they stand for and why they are a deserving representation of the people they are voted to represent.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
is it wrong to "hate" those who want to kill you and deny you your right to be a "christan" --while its true that jesus wanted us to "love one another and get along peacefully" which I am all for by the way--what would he say about those who "refuse to live and let live , and try to block christans from their faith upon pain of death , would jesus say that you do not have to "riight" to protect yourself from a murder seeking to kill you because you are a christan --would he say act like helpless sheep by mildly going to the slaughter ? I think not.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Hosensack, Jesus did not write the bible. It is composed from writings of several of his followers who wrote down the details of his life years after His "death". You have to take into account the development rose on ice 700 this one.jpg of the people at the time. Frank

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What is happening in the Middle East is not so much about religion, as it is about power, money and control. If you have never been to one of these Arab countries, you just don’t have a clue as to how “backwards” their cultures are. Cultures that have been built on intimidation and fear, projected and maintained by strong hands dealing terror and death.
They really don’t care about our lofty ideals, saving the whales, or even our dream of peace for all mankind, because they do not share our beliefs. Nothing has changed since the Crusades, and nothing will change unless we bomb them into submission. Right now, and for at least 50-years, we are “bombing” the Middle East with American tax dollars, as well as American lives. In my never humble opinion, it is time to stop paying Arabs to kill us.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
grouping( liberal vs conservative-- christan vs non christan ) vs a civilized discourse and actually talking about the real "issues"--even if we do not all agree to see eye to eye on the subjects talked about ,I think that having frank and honest talk about what we believe and why we believe it , is healthy so long as we can do it as adults , understanding its not a verbal "football" game --no one wins or loses --we just talking , speaking our minds and thoughts --
some "mind control" groups and religions frankly do not want their followers thinking "freely" as it upsets their game plan.
so when they see that they are being exposed --they resort to name calling and insults as a way of stopping flow of ideals and knowledge by breaking up the chat.

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is it wrong to "hate" those who want to kill you and deny you your right to be a "christan" --while its true that jesus wanted us to "love one another and get along peacefully" which I am all for by the way--what would he say about those who "refuse to live and let live , and try to block christans from their faith upon pain of death , would jesus say that you do not have to "riight" to protect yourself from a murder seeking to kill you because you are a christan --would he say act like helpless sheep by mildly going to the slaughter ? I think not.

That is the misconception of "Love" it does not mean walk around ignoring everything and letting everyone be as they are. James MacDonald put it something like this: "All truth and no Love is brutality" (what we see from the likes of Pat Robertson etc.) the rest.." All Love and no truth is neglect" (His example, a doctor not telling a patient they have cancer to protect their feelings under the guise of love)

The topic of defending one self is one of disagreement, however to defend yourself against an assailant is not hating, if you act in self defense, it is when pride takes over it goes from self protection to hate..let's say you have successfully thwarted the attack, to take it further out of a vengeful "how dare he do this to me" you have acted out of hate. As far as slander or hate from non-Christians, that is the turn the other cheek area, the words are hurting nothing more than your own pride.

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hosensack, Jesus did not write the bible. It is composed from writings of several of his followers who wrote down the details of his life years after His "death". You have to take into account the development View attachment 676356 of the people at the time. Frank

That was a scribal account of what He said. To go further would turn this into a religious discussion and would be moot as it would be deleted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread