who makes the dough when boxes are short.

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
due to some posts ive been checking more carefully

and brinks seems to be the bad boy.

i think they make a killing sending out underweight

and undercount coin. in an age when we can fly in space.

it seems impossible that boxes cannot be checked

routinely by weight.

Upvote 0

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
From my experience Brinks is the worst in terms of coins being off.

cuttybce

Feb 16, 2010
Western PA
Also, not to feed into the whole Brinks silver cull conspiracy, but I'm finding way too many Brinks dime box skunks where coins are falling out of the rolls. And these are Brinks-sealed boxes.

I don't even bother with Brinks dimes anymore. Brinks nickels are fine - never had a problem with those.

HH,
cuttybce

WormtownFJR

Jan 27, 2009
cuttybce said:
Also, not to feed into the whole Brinks silver cull conspiracy, but I'm finding way too many Brinks dime box skunks where coins are falling out of the rolls. And these are Brinks-sealed boxes.

I don't even bother with Brinks dimes anymore. Brinks nickels are fine - never had a problem with those.

HH,
cuttybce

I haven't had a problem with brinks being short, though I haven't ordered many until today. I'll report what I find in a few days after I dump. I think the coins falling out are due to the boxes being dropped.

jethro1469

Mar 18, 2009
East Coast
For a while I was thinking that my dime losses were from the counting machines at my dump banks. Almost every Brinks box I checked by actual count has been short from 16 to 20 dimes. Asked the vault tellers about this, they are aware and have made up some shortages. However, I've given up on Brinks dimes to avoid the constant hassle. Dimes from other carriers seem to almost never be short; but when they are, they are only off by 1 or 2.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions