Who marked these coins...I found them and 8pc silver

jersey junkie

Jan 14, 2006
new jersey
Ok today I searched $2000 in halves. They come in $500 boxes from the coin counter / roller. I have been getting about 1% in silver mixed 90%/40% coins. Not too bad as they cost me face to search and I can get them any time I order them. Usually next day. I'll take it.

Today I get 4 boxes and one is full of these marked coins. Is this anyones mark and where did you cash them in. I got them at Commerce bank in Sommerville, NJ. The coins came from N. F. String and Son, Harrisburg, PA.

I'm going to mark $500 in halves as pictured below. Let's see where they end up and if they show up and how soon.

Post your marks here also and we can try to track some of these coins like the site "wheresgeorge.com"

HH

mark
www.gas50.com

Attachments

• IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0126.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_0125.jpg
    IMG_0125.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_0124.JPG
    IMG_0124.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 315
Upvote 0
OP
OP
jersey junkie

jersey junkie

Jan 14, 2006
new jersey
The only problem with marking the wrapper is that it can be removed easily. If the coins are marked they caan end up in different rolls. Plus I return all my coins to a counting machine then the bank just ships them out.

HH

mark
www.gas50.com

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll watch for them here in Vegas. Even permanent marker can rub off coins though, especially if it's on a high point of the design like JFK's head.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread