Who needs to go deeper when the sv-3i knows where to look!!

rsarge1

Greenie
Jan 19, 2011
Littleton, Colorado
Detector(s) used
SV-3i
Who needs to go deeper when the sv-3i knows where to look!!
I met up with my hunting partner RTD he uses a whites MXT, to hunt an old park with hopes of finding those deep coins that have eluded us in the past.
After checking for emi and ground conditions I set out and within 5 minutes I located a target to dig. Using my probe I pulled it to the surface and .

On my first hunt this year and my first target I found my first silver, my first gold and my first ring all in one, LOL, I managed to pull out a sterling silver ring with a 10k gold face of a trojan on it, weighing in at 8g. Happy dance time

After moving to another part of the park I located another target that sounded like gold with a vdi of 14, it sounded good and looked good on the screen so I used my probe to locate it , all the while thinking it was foil and I started to pull it to the surface and as soon as i got a glimps of it I switched to my lesche to help coax it out to the surface with as little damage as possible and not only did I find my second gold ring, 14k with letters of nike on it,

but out popped a 14k gold bracelet weighing in at a whopping 22g,

happy happy dance time LOL.

Oh and a little clad! LOL

All targets were about 2" deep.

I hope this is a sign of things to come for this year!! MY best hunt ever!!!

Attachments

• 1st hunt 2011 001.JPG
    1st hunt 2011 001.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 714
  • 1st hunt 2011 007.JPG
    1st hunt 2011 007.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 702
  • 1st hunt 2011 010.JPG
    1st hunt 2011 010.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 706
  • 1st hunt 2011 013.JPG
    1st hunt 2011 013.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 695
Upvote 0

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice score :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

MICHIGANJAY

Dec 28, 2006
MI
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT, Equinox, Excal. 10, Ultra 1000
Primary Interest:
Other
That was definitely a good day!!! I'm impressed. With finds like that, you should amass a considerable treasure soon! How did or friend (the one with the MXT) do ??? Well - Keep up the good work. J.

Orange Crush

Feb 14, 2011
Bismarck, ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Bounty Hunter Tracker II
That Nike ring is cool and the Trojan ring looks like Black Hill's Gold. Nice work. I'd like to find enough gold to pay for a V3i one of these days.

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
rsarge1

rsarge1

Greenie
Jan 19, 2011
Littleton, Colorado
Detector(s) used
SV-3i
hi and thanks guys my buddy was a little ticked at me because all he found was cladd and nothing over 4" deep this ground here is weird we buried a quarter at 7" and neither him or I could pick it up and I tried all different programs and filters hopefully I will figure it out one of these days then look out LOL.

RFrady

Jan 16, 2011
Steilacoom, WA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Odd that you mention the ground reactions. I often wonder if the mineralization caused by the Mt St Helens eruption in 1980 affects the depth we are able to detect a target in the PNW.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread