Who offers day trips in AZ?

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys, its pretty likely I'll be somplace in an automobile somewhere near AZ in a couple of months. I'm not at all familiar with the area and AZ prospecting laws, where I can and cannot dig, and whatever else I don't know.

Are there any guide services that could take us out on public land or private claims? What can I expect? I imagine they do a lot of drywashing. :dontknow: I'm not interested in MDing, sluicing and panning would be great.

Where in AZ does a new gold panning enthusiast need to go? Thanks.

Upvote 0

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's the place Duck. Not usually a lot of water in the summer but there is a well marked parking area. Camping upstream at Lynx lake (south is upstream) and motels/shopping just a few miles away.

You will get more gold at Rose Creek. It's an easy walk to/from the Fain Park amenities.

Rose Creek is private land but the owners are long time locals who are cool with a lot of prospectors working the creek on their land. Don't get drunk, fight or litter and we might get another 50 years to prospect there. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And while it will be MUCH cooler in Prescott, remember that the desert heat will not break until at least mid-October. Good Hunting! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread