Who sells thier silver finds instead of keeps them?

Bowen89

Apr 3, 2012
South Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My LCS is actually a pawn shop thats main business is silver and gold. The guy there is super good and has been doing it for 45 years. I wiped them clean of their 90%ers over a few weeks and started having to buy 40%ers and quarters. I love my 90% but i guess i cant complain with getting the same amount.

On a side note. He has given me 6 bens and 15 walkers at no premium. Just spot. Nothing more. Including 1918, 1917, 1919. And a proof 1945.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i sell some of my finds;
I keep all of my wheat cents, buffalo nickels, war nickels, and ALL 90% silver and foreign silver.
I will, however, sell my dirty 40% silver halves if silver goes up to at least $40/oz and get around 85% spot at minimum. ($5 each).

remember, most of the time when you sell your silver finds, chances are, it is being sent out to a refiner to be melted and reused to make jewlery, etc. the reason i only sell 40% silvers, there are a ton out there, and the design of the kennedy half dollar still lives on.

hope this helps
hh
buff

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I save, and sell when it gets in large bulk. However I hoard my silver. I trade my 40% for 90%

Silvercrazy

Nov 24, 2006
I guess I am spoiled I have been coin roll hunting for a few years now and have sold only a small portion of my finds when Silver went way up here a while back. I have not sold anything in the last couple of years and I don't plan to either. I would trade some 40's for 90's but I refuse to lose in the exchage which is what typicaly happens. I cannot bring myself to but at melt or spot after getting it for face for so long. I may pay 10 times face, that is about max for me. Good Luck. Dennis.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions