OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI RIO
WE ARE BACK OUT DIVING ON OUR FOURTH HOLE OF THE DAY. FIRST THREE HOLES ALL PRODUCED ONE SILVER COIN EACH. GOING TO GO DOWN AND SEE WHATS IN THE FOURTH HOLE. YOU CAN SEE US ON THE WEBCAM.
SEAHUNTER

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HELLO BIG CYPRESS
WILL TRY TO POST PHOTOS TOMORROW. HAVE TO PULL ANCHORS AND GO TO MY STEPMOTHERS FUNERAL OR WILD HORSES COULDN'T DRAG ME AWAY.
SEAHUNTER

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ANOTHER GREAT DAY DIVING. FOUND OUR FIRST COIN BEFORE 9AM. JIMMY WAS FIRST IN AND FOUND THE FIRST COIN AND WE HADN'T EVEN PULLED OUT THE DETECTORS YET. THIS GUY IS CERTAINLY GOOD LUCK. IT WAS A PLEASURE HAVING JIMMY AND SCOTT AND JIMMYS SON JIM ON THE BOAT.THEY ALSO BROUGHT A FRIEND WHO WAS A GREAT DIVER. I DIDN'T FIND ANYTHING BUT IT WAS FUN WATCHING THEM FIND THEIR FIRST COINS. THE REAL TREASURE IS THE COMRADERIE AND THE ADVENTURE. TREASURE IS THE ICING ON THE CAKE.
SEAHUNTER

Attachments

• g130858k.jpg
    g130858k.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 14,550

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sounds like you are having some decent days, I better get there quick before you guys find it all ;) Will know how dad's operation goes tomorrow, but It's still looking good for labor day weekend and most of the week after. See you soon!

Jason

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used
GTI2500,Seahunter Mark II, Eagle eye two box
Seahunter

If you're looking for somebody, here I'm, certified diver, UW-MD Garrett sea hunter, I live in WPB, I used to detect in jupiter area, 19 years experience in MD.I was Merchant Marine-Deck hand for several years (Crowley Towing & trans.) Only Week-end.

Drop me a call if you're interested using a PM first.

Amona

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to say one thing!

I am so glad that an adventure here on TN actually happened! I have seen so many times that somebody sets up something, and then doesn't make it to the meeting place, or a thread starts about wanting people for an adventure. Looks good initially, but any interest peters out. Either lack of details from the initial poster, or no follow up from the wannago's.

It's nice to see where everybody is on the up and up, and they are all having a good time!

In the words of Hannibal Smith ("A" Team): "I just love it when a plan comes together!" ;D ;D

I think you guys deserve all the success in the world! If I weren't in California, I'd be there with you.

Best,
Mike

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HELLO MIKE
IF YOU EVER GET THIS WAY PLEASE LOOK ME UP AND COME CHECK IT OUT. I THINK YOU MIGHT ENJOY IT. I KNOW I WOULD ENJOY MEETING YOU.
SEAHUNTER

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't get over to the OTHER coast that often. My mom lives in Panama City. Next visit, I may take you up on that. Thanks! Now quit talking to me and go get some BIG GOLD! ;D ;D

Mike

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Good points Mike! Though after a little research on Florida's websites, I'm starting to understand why many of these projects take 2 or 3 years to get started :D The guys like Seahunter and RioBravo who are offering work on a current project are much appreciated, thanks guys!

I look forward to working with both of you in the very near future, and I promise to bring back pics and stories from my trip for everyone else.

Jason

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jason,

I'm not so much talking about just undersea adventures. I have seen many times people wanting to put together parties for finding a treasure cache in the deserts or mountains, get everybody's interest piqued, and then, you don't hear from them again for a month. That sucks.

I'm happy for this team, and wish them the very best luck! MAY DAVY JONES OPEN HIS LOCKER FOR YOU!

Mike

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI GUYS
THANKS FOR THE POSITIVE AND COMPLIMENTARY POSTS. LOOKING FORWARD TO WORKING WITH YOU.

MAS
I SEE YOU DELETED YOUR EARLIER POSTS. SORRY ABOUTTHE LACK OF COMMUNICATION. YOU CAUGHT ME AT A VERY HECTIC TIME. PM OR EMAIL ME AND I WILL SEND YOU MY CELL NUMBER. WOULD STILL LIKE TO WORK WITH YOU.
SEAHUNTER

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HERE ARE SOME PICTURES OF WHAT WE BELIEVE TO BE AN INDIAN AXEHEAD FOUND ON THE WRECK SITE A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO WITHIN A COUPLE FEET OF A SPANISH COIN FROM THE 1650's.

Attachments

• FIRST FINDS 016.jpg
    FIRST FINDS 016.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 14,164
  • FIRST FINDS 018.jpg
    FIRST FINDS 018.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 14,079

Jimi D Pirate

Oct 28, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000 + AQUA PULSE
Hey SeaHunter ... Thats looks like a CELT ... they were used by the Indians to hoe and some of the more polished ones are believed to have been used for ceremonial purposes! An excellent find.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
SEAHUNTER said:
HERE ARE SOME PICTURES OF WHAT WE BELIEVE TO BE AN INDIAN AXEHEAD FOUND ON THE WRECK SITE A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO WITHIN A COUPLE FEET OF A SPANISH COIN FROM THE 1650's.
Very interesting. Archaeologists found two basalt axeheads like that at the mouth of the Miami River while digging out the Miami Circle. They were not indigenous to the area. They think they were for ceremonial purposes since they appeared to be unused. I will try to find pics.

Attachments

• miamicircle.jpg
    miamicircle.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 14,023

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Mysterious stone circle was a busy trading post

The 'Miami Circle' is evidence of a prehistoric culture that lived at the mouth of the Miami River about 2,000 years ago.

By Gloria Chang, September 24, 1999

In July of 1998, Florida archeologists began a routine excavation after being notified that a developer wanted to build a multi-storey commercial building on a potentially important archeological site. What they found at the mouth of the Miami River, however, was far from ordinary.
The limestone bedrock had a pattern of a circle cut into it – evidence that a prehistoric culture lived at the mouth of the Miami River about two thousand years ago. Within the 38-foot diameter stone circle, were post holes, two hand axes and several hand axe fragments. There's no consensus on the inhabitors, nor the use of the site. Thought to belong to the ancestors of the Tequesta Indians, indigenous to South Florida, some say the structure was for sacred ceremonies, while others believe it was the site of a native chief's house. But now, an analysis of the stone tools is refining the interpretations.

The hand axes found at the site aren't made from rock native to the area. CLICK for another view of the tool.

Geologists at the University of Miami studied fragments from the hand axes to determine their origin. Archeologists knew right away they weren't from the Miami site originally, because the tools were made of a basalt, a hard, volcanic rock. The only stone native to the area is limestone. A thorough examination of the hand axes revealed that the rocks contained low levels of titanium, sodium and potassium. With this information in hand, the scientists compared the tools' composition with a database of 776 basaltic rocks found throughout the Americas and the Caribbean that they had laboriously compiled. By plotting the results, the geologists were able to pinpoint the source of the tools – to central Georgia, near Macon, 850 kilometres away.

The site is near Ocmulgee River, which was populated by a native people called the Mississippians – so named because their culture originated in the Mississippi River valley. Cultural anthropologists say that these tribes were known to produce tools from the local basalt.

Attachments

• handaxe.jpg
    handaxe.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 13,882

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread