WHO WANTS TO DIVE FOR TREASURE

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Sea Hunter, onions are very,very rare in these parts but they do exist if you know where to look. I am sure you will eventually locate a few nice bottles on your job. I will keep looking on this forum to see them.
A couple of buddies and I went to St. Augustine last year to dive the old anchorages by the fortress but found out that there was no diving aloud in the harbour. Bummer!
Good luck with the treasure recovery.

ZDD

piratediver

Jun 29, 2006
newport, Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ZDD: nice stuff there. I worked with Bob McKinnon on Cape Breton for a while, great diving and incredible wrecks. As you know the Treasure Trove Act which allowed commercial projects has been wiped out due to pressure by the archeo-Taliban. Now rather than being excavated by carefully monitored firms, all those sites will be picked over by clandestine operators, another attempt at in situ preservation destined to destroy the very resource it is supposedly designed to protect. Pathetic.

Pirate Diver

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
ZDD wrote: A couple of buddies and I went to St. Augustine last year to dive the old anchorages by the fortress but found out that there was no diving aloud in the harbour. Bummer!

What????? :icon_pirat: :laughing7:

Tom

Attachments

• St Augustine 2007.JPG
    St Augustine 2007.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,655

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
piratediver said:
ZDD: nice stuff there. I worked with Bob McKinnon on Cape Breton for a while, great diving and incredible wrecks. As you know the Treasure Trove Act which allowed commercial projects has been wiped out due to pressure by the archeo-Taliban. Now rather than being excavated by carefully monitored firms, all those sites will be picked over by clandestine operators, another attempt at in situ preservation destined to destroy the very resource it is supposedly designed to protect. Pathetic.

Pirate Diver
A Friend of mine Tom Dickie dove on the Le Chameau for Mr McKinnon and in return he got to keep 5 of the 8L coins he had recovered. Bob gave him a letter of authenticity for them and Tom eventually gave me one of the coins. Nice
The Treasure Trove act will only cause the province to loose artifacts. It is the archaeologists that don't want to work with the divers they just want to sit in their ivory towers and cast legislation to keep everyone else of the wrecks. They know they will never get funding to do real work underwater. Any way that act sucks, this is why we don't dive on wrecks, we just have had allot of luck finding gold on the bottom just swimming around. :thumbsup:
ZDD

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mad4wrecks said:
ZDD wrote: A couple of buddies and I went to St. Augustine last year to dive the old anchorages by the fortress but found out that there was no diving aloud in the harbour. Bummer!

What????? :icon_pirat: :laughing7:

Tom
Yea, I hope we weren't screwed over. I tried to get some info on diving their prior to leaving but I had no luck When we arrived we talked to a person who runs a nice nautical antique store and the told us this, so then we headed for the LDS and they told us the same thing. They also told us that we couldn't take bottles older then 50 years any where in the state. >:(
ZDD

seniyajw

Aug 9, 2011
Manhattan, USA
This I would suggest that the ether in the vessel ran aground in a storm, and broke in pieces, and the waves had an impact on the entire coast of sand cover makes it impossible for the Spaniards soon to restore ... ... Or maybe they would not save because they do not want to get caught, all that contraband ... ...

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Scott, some really nice finds! Looks like it has been real calm, and I see predictions for at least a week of calm and westerly breezes. Through Tuesday anyway, it might be East winds on Wed. I will be back over Monday, took care of most of the business over here. Thanks for the help! I will call you when I am over. Steve.

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
PALM BEACH COUNTY,FLORIDA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Steve
Give me a call when you get to town. Here is a nice coin Mike brought out of the last hole.

Attachments

• IMG_0410.JPG
    IMG_0410.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,469
  • IMG_0411.JPG
    IMG_0411.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,471

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice pictures Seahunter

I've notice you post pictures after a partial cleaning which I assume you are doing on the boat. How are you cleaning them? You may have already covered this somewhere in this 12 page thread and if so I apologize.

Thanks
NJ

PS BTW congrats on your latest finds.

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello N.J. Ther
Thank you and here are a couple more. Mike and I each found one in the last hole.
It was our fifth hole and we were starting to think we might get skunked. All coins are cleaned by standard industry practices. Trade secrets. lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0422.JPG
    IMG_0422.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 1,391
  • IMG_0421.JPG
    IMG_0421.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,396

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol..fair enough. They come out nice and quickly. If I ever find the mother load off the OBX or NJ I will drive down to FL and haunt you until you give up your secret.

Good luck on the next hole.

NJ

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Scott, keep em coming. Hope to see some more yellow soon.
ZDD

OP
OP
SEAHUNTER

SEAHUNTER

Jan 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike and Dustin just brought up five nice coins out of the last hole.

Attachments

• IMG_0427.JPG
    IMG_0427.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 1,330
  • IMG_0428.JPG
    IMG_0428.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 1,320

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Fantastic Scott!!!! You guys are really doing good. I will call you in the next day or so. Lynn and I will be over there Monday late, or Tuesday most likely.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions