Who wants to tell them

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Re: Who wants to tell them

I wonder if we should be wearing hazmat suits when digging zincolns in the park? :laughing7:

S

stefen

There's a great probability that customers may have pocketed change recieved for purchases in the conveneince store and are now suffering burns to their legs, and the like.

Could very well be radioactive slugs purposely rolled with the intent of causing a local panic.

You could bet that most retail businesses that obtain change from the bank each day will be skeptical about obtaining rolled pennies.

S

stefen

Why is this posted in Comedy Central?

far from being a humorous item

coulda burned woody and his two pals

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

stefen said:
Why is this posted in Comedy Central?

far from being a humorous item

I thought it was funny because it looks like some detectorist rolled their dirty zincolns and took them to the bank. If that is the case it's hilarious that it caused all the attention. Now if someone did intentionally dope up a bunch of pennies to cause harm...that wouldn't be funny at all. (I still think its JeffPA's gas rebate money though.) :laughing9:

OP
OP
mtntrekr2

mtntrekr2

Jul 15, 2007
berks county, pa.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 1000, Xterra-70 x3, Garret ace 250,

When I was told about this last night the first thing that came to mind was all the dirty zincs I dig up. Being up north of me in all the coal dirt of that area they must be really black and dirty.
If it is a localized terror threat. Then I agree it is not funny, but anyone in this area will tell you even zincs in the ground around here just 2-3 yrs will start to corrode. I have some from 2006 and 2007 that are pitted and black as can be.

Still no response from Jeff Guilty ????? LMAO

Joe

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

same here some detectorist rolled their nasty pennies, which I have no problem with because our government won't make decent money anymore. I do not clean my clad I roll it and dump it or into coin star it goes. Now with pennies I pick out the deformed, crusty, and icky ones first.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

savant365 said:
LMAO!!! This is just too funny. Jeff probably bought gas with them :tongue3:

HaHa Stupidity Realy Frustrates me :-\
they are probably testing them & Only finding dirt.
So they'll think it's a new
bio strain that can't be i.d.'d. :tongue3:

Wonder what will happen when i turn these in
in the "home of the paranoid" ?

Picture.jpg

I Got a Mild Rash Taking this Pic.

And a Major Itch watching the vid ;D

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

got chewed up crummy zinc cents ? I say mail em "postage due" to your local congressman / senator / president as a "gift" for his / her reelection fund. ( let them try to deposit em in a bank) or coinstar em.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oh Noooooo Obamas poisioning our supply of pennies!!!!!! (Running down the street in a panic waving arms wildly).

I can see it now..... A guy in a HAZMAT suit searching the park. Film at eleven ::)

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X

I think we will see more of this over the years. The "zincolns" can be affected by their environmental surroundings, as we know all too well from our hobby. What is not known fully is how many things can affect them. We need to find someone who will do testing on them using a wide variety of common substances. :help: Once the copper plating has been compromised, the zinc can begin to deteriorate. I have seen these pennies in other areas(from under a washing machine and a litter box). It's like they are being chemically altered. I am just wondering if they could become "unsafe" to handle at some point. :dontknow:

Also, who knows what reaction could occur if they are put into a closed container, such as a plastic bag(with and/or without other items), for an undetermined amount of time. :dontknow:

Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions