Who Will Hard Wire WOT Coil Onto Excal

D

digum smacks

hard wiring it is cake.its keeping the damn thing"WATERPROOF"is the hard part.get a coiltek connecter and do it that way.that would give you a chance to change different size coils whenever you choose.without flooding your machine.i flooded mine because i kept going and changed coils often hardwiring it every time i changed it.in 1 week i changed it 4 times from the wot to stock wot to stock.i get lame brain ideas thinking 1 day i will hunt for chains the next rings.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
digum smacks said:
hard wiring it is cake.its keeping the damn thing"WATERPROOF"is the hard part.get a coiltek connecter and do it that way.that would give you a chance to change different size coils whenever you choose.without flooding your machine.i flooded mine because i kept going and changed coils often hardwiring it every time i changed it.in 1 week i changed it 4 times from the wot to stock wot to stock.i get lame brain ideas thinking 1 day i will hunt for chains the next rings.

Evening Digum,

Once I have a WOT on, I would not take it off. I much perfer the WOT coil over the 10 inch coil. I hate hunting with the 10 inch coil and WOT does not bother me at all in the water, I personally have no trouble swinging it chest deep in the water.

I knew the actual wiring is nothing but a little soder work, my concern is the same as you expressed, keeping it waterproofed after the work. I have emailed just about everyone I knew who might do it professionally and all turned it down.

I may do the splice, and I have also thought about doing it using liquid tape on the splice after solder, then heat shrink over the liquid tape, and then liquid tape the heat shrink it self.

Thanks for the suggestions..... :icon_thumright:

D

digum smacks

one more thing.2 people are needed when doing this.the first time i done it i took my time and did it right.but it was a pain to solder by yourself a second pair of hands are needed the hold wire in place.it worked well with no leaks.when i started switching is when it went south.the excal is the worst machine ive ever owned,i had 3 .2-1000s,and a excal 2 none ever paid for themselves.the infinium paid for itself in about 4 months.the dualfield paid for itself in 2 weeks.but a 15"wot on a excal i can destroy the dry sand i can clean a whole beach super super fast.ive learned you cant have the best of both worlds in 1 machine

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MT Pockets said:
I don't think it's the machine.. I just think that where you were hunting, there just weren't any targets in that location..

a couple months ago I walked into the water turned my machine on and within 3 minutes found a very nice ring..

I just so happen to swing my coil over it.. 18K W/ 44 pink Sapphires & 6 diamonds

Treasure_Hunter was right there when I pulled it up..

#$%*^#$%$##@ Lucky dog #$^%$#@, $#%^& ##@#$ %^%%$ should #$%$ have @#*% been %$#@## mine.......LOL :wink: :icon_thumright:

Yep I was, yours paid for itself that moment....

The wife can hold the wires while I solder them.

I have owned 2 Excal 1000s and both easily paid for theirselves. The back up (2ND excal) I had I bought for $800 used, found 2 diamond rings along with other gold items with it, and sold it for $725 18 months or so after buying it. My first Excal I still own, have found many gold rings including several diamond with it as well.

Different hunters perfer different detectors is all (Chevy vs Ford, Blondie vs Brunette). I am in the process of buying another used Excal myself now. I found out this past summer that 2 water machines isn't always enough, Murphy's law bit me in the butt....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread