Whod a thunk it? My find of the day...

frankendime

Mar 8, 2012
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
Other
Who'd a thunk it? My find of the day...

So my sister, whom I got into yard saling, treasure hunting in general. Throws up a yard sale this weekend and I'm helping out instead of out hunting myself. It's all good, I could not have a better yard sale partner than her. She read gas meters for many years in this town and I spit out an address and she drive right to it. Can't beat that! She seems to have this little problem about going home with a truckload and here I am with a armload. A local in-house auction a while back and she's buying stuff with both hands, and I'm loading. I said, "Did you buy these golf clubs, really?" Increduously. " Yes, clubs and bag for $1" I sez "OK" So she drags em out for the yard sale and says " Hey! Look ! An umbrella! In this bag!" I says as I'm standing on the porch " Nice looking umbrella, give you a dollar for it!" She says 2. I'm like ok. She proclaimed " I done doubled my money".
So, I get home and do the research. Looks like a vintage Burberry Umbrella in excellent condition. 40 inch tall with a 50 inch canopy. I knew it looked like a good umbrella but, I never bought a umbrella on purpose. Being from a place where IT NEVER RAINS!!!.
Here is one. And here is mine...

HH All!Burberrys Vintage Nova Check Plaid Red Large Golf Umbrella RARE | eBay

Attachments

• 100_7513.JPG
    100_7513.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 104
  • 100_7514.JPG
    100_7514.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 123
  • 100_7515.JPG
    100_7515.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 499

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's a nice umbrella, that thing screams quality. My gf would probably want me to keep that one!

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is my type of umbrella. I would pay a pretty penny for one like that! Great find!
apush

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions