Fossis...............

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Re: Who's eating who here?

That's so cool....my dau was given a chicken (chick) for Easter one year. We had that chicken (Mr. Bigalow) for several years.

When hubby upgraded the boys tree house...he added a chicken pen under it. It has a ramp on the side facing the creek where we would open it in the morning and close at night. Mr. Bigalow was like the FAMILY DOG...followed you around every where!!!

I was babysitting the neighbors two boys and they teased that chicken something fierce. I then had to keep Mr. Bigalow at bay, cause he would attack my boys (probably thinking they were the neighbors boys...as they were the same ages).

Here's a pic of our Beloved Mr. Bigalow...(oh, we woke up one morning and found white feathers all over the yard :()

Attachments

• chicken2b.jpg
    chicken2b.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 309
  • Chicken3.jpg
    Chicken3.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 314
  • Chicken5.jpg
    Chicken5.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 301

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Christ_in_you said:
RIP Bigalow.
Thanks....

Are those 6 chickens yours? I think it's great they are bonding with your dog...even though they have a motive ;) (his food)

In Va Bch, we are allowed up to 3 chickens within city limits...but we just had that one. I never ate the eggs, collected them and gave them to my mother in law :)

OP
OP
Christ_in_you

Christ_in_you

Sep 14, 2007

I have about 16. They are to fat though, so they don't lay good. Just cant bring myself to eat them.They really keep the bugs down. I live in the boonies as you can see from the picture.

Attachments

• pictures 047.jpg
    pictures 047.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 251
  • pictures 047.jpg
    pictures 047.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 246

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

That's about as bad as an outdoor cat i once had that let a possum come up and eat her food. She just sat there and watched and then finished whatever the possum left.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions