Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I guess we'll never know what the laws concerning metal detecting or pending legislation are in Oklahoma. I assume there are none, so when I return, I shall run rampant with my detector. Seriously, I know what state law says, or said, but what are your experiences in state parks and what are you being told by the park office? Any response is appreciated.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, thanks for the responses so far. I'll be more specific. Everything found below the surface of the ground belongs to the State of Oklahoma. Have you heard that? Are you guys being charged fees to detect in state parks? I've heard rumors of that, and as far as I know that's illegal. I'd like to know more about that story.

JoeMoto

Jan 3, 2006
Oklahoma
I usually detect old homesteads on private land. Also some schools and parks in town. I've never been bothered.

There are so many old homesteads that you could detect for years and never have to hit public land.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Citiy parks usually no problem, could vary from town to town. State parks, I have never been stopped or questioned. Corps of Engineer land along lakes , you are supposed to get permission from the corps project manager. Never tried that, but no one has ever bothered me. Monty

Gooner

Dec 23, 2010
Pawhuska, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
white's xlt
Yeah, the A. R. P. A., or Archaeological Resourc Protection Act of 1974, and N.A.G.P.R.A., or Native American Grave Protection and Repatriation Act.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread