Why a Beach Hunting Bucket List?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this sounds a bit crazy, but I think every beach hunter should write themselves a Beach Hunting Bucket List for the beaches within their reach, and here's why I say this;

I did this very thing a few years back and I have to tell you, at times it sure changes the way I approach my beach hunting. So for a minute let's just toss a few random quickies onto a list;

Heavy gold chain
Pre-1800's coin
Platinum diamond ring
Old shipwreck site

Typically, I think most of us try to follow a few basic beach hunting principles when we go to the beach and then we simply hope to find something good. But if we had to choose an item from our bucket list before each hunt how would it effect the way we approached our day of hunting? Obviously we can't find the items on our list in places where they are unlikely to exist, and second, it's unlikely that we can find them when beach conditions are unfavorable to the individual hunts for each of them.

We often hear that research is the key to consistent hunting success but we're seldom enlightened as to what to research in regards to our own beaches, but with the creation of our personalized bucket list many of those research areas automatically begin to come to light, the obvious question to all them being; “Where is the most likely place on my area beaches where these items might be found?” Suddenly we're no longer going to the beach, following a few basic beach hunting principles, and simply hoping to find something good.

Without a doubt, when one creates himself a personalized beach hunting bucket list the manner in which he approaches his hunting is going to change, and with these changes he's going to learn a great deal more about all the individual pieces and sections of his area beaches. So if for no other reason then simple giggles, take some time to create yourself a beach hunting bucket list and then after looking it over with serious pursuit ask yourself if you would still approach your beach hunting in the same fashion you are now? Creating a bucket list can certainly present us with an entirely different way of approaching things. It will also extend our hunting efforts into a lot of new and enlightening areas. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's worth a try. I usually just jump in and hope for anything! And going to Morocco isn't an option :icon_queen:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe I need to raise my bucket list level,cause I've filled it .

Pull tabs
can slaw
corroded zincs

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did really well at the beach this past year. It's an old multiple shipwreck site. Found sixteen shipwreck coins including one English gold, two 18th century Spanish silver, 13 colonial period coppers, two ancient silver rings etc. I have never found a modern gold ring. I can put that on a list.

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very good words of wisdom and just like real estate location is everything. I need to add Old shipwreck sites

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this sounds a bit crazy, but I think every beach hunter should write themselves a Beach Hunting Bucket List for the beaches within their reach, and here's why I say this;

I did this very thing a few years back and I have to tell you, at times it sure changes the way I approach my beach hunting. So for a minute let's just toss a few random quickies onto a list;

Heavy gold chain
Pre-1800's coin
Platinum diamond ring
Old shipwreck site

Typically, I think most of us try to follow a few basic beach hunting principles when we go to the beach and then we simply hope to find something good. But if we had to choose an item from our bucket list before each hunt how would it effect the way we approached our day of hunting? Obviously we can't find the items on our list in places where they are unlikely to exist, and second, it's unlikely that we can find them when beach conditions are unfavorable to the individual hunts for each of them.

We often hear that research is the key to consistent hunting success but we're seldom enlightened as to what to research in regards to our own beaches, but with the creation of our personalized bucket list many of those research areas automatically begin to come to light, the obvious question to all them being; “Where is the most likely place on my area beaches where these items might be found?” Suddenly we're no longer going to the beach, following a few basic beach hunting principles, and simply hoping to find something good.

Without a doubt, when one creates himself a personalized beach hunting bucket list the manner in which he approaches his hunting is going to change, and with these changes he's going to learn a great deal more about all the individual pieces and sections of his area beaches. So if for no other reason then simple giggles, take some time to create yourself a beach hunting bucket list and then after looking it over with serious pursuit ask yourself if you would still approach your beach hunting in the same fashion you are now? Creating a bucket list can certainly present us with an entirely different way of approaching things. It will also extend our hunting efforts into a lot of new and enlightening areas. :thumbsup:
After 37 year of hunting theirs not much to add to a Bucket list. But ,there is a man in Miami that comes over to the west coast of Fla. that wears a $243,000 18kt diamond neckles. that would be nice.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think I could make a living doing it. Beach is 3 hours away.

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where I live , people walk around the beaches with $10,000's of 1000 of dollar of gold, silver , Plat. and Diamonds all Day long.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I go detecting I always say that I only need one gold ring to make my day...my top three bucket list would be heavy gold chain, big diamond ring and a heavy plat ring.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I go detecting I always say that I only need one gold ring to make my day...my top three bucket list would be heavy gold chain, big diamond ring and a heavy plat ring.

It's interesting, but I'll bet if you actually targeted finding those things it would change the way you approach some of your hunts. I know it had an effect on the way I approached some of my hunts, and I can definitely say for the better.

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I try to analyze the beach goers here and most of the time I say "I need to find a rich beach". But there is also the years and years of history here that I hope will someday be uncovered.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's interesting, but I'll bet if you actually targeted finding those things it would change the way you approach some of your hunts. I know it had an effect on the way I approached some of my hunts, and I can definitely say for the better.
Yeah, Ive never targeted a specific item...just always hoped they would show up while I was looking for that one gold ring.

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
My bucket list is written on stone. The older the item the more I desire it. Love our history here on the east coast.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread