Why am I no longer getting emails to subscribed threads?

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never used to have this problem....

Just within the past month or so, I am no longer getting email notifications for activity in threads I subscribe to or start. I'm 100% sure I'm clicking the "Subscribe" button and choosing the "Instantly, using email" (or whatever it is) option just like I always have. I've checked my spam folder, I've checked that my email address in my account is correct, and it is.

Any ideas?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several members have reported this, what is your email provider?

Ones admins have checked on shows email notifications being sent so it has to be their provider blocking them but I will check on yours.

Please let me know who your provider is...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

OP
OP
TrpnBils

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gmail, which is why I'm surprised there's a problem because normally that's pretty reliable

OP
OP
TrpnBils

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
kind of funny....I checked my email this morning and had a notification for this thread's reply..... that's the first one in over a month

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It appears that there is a possibility all the Older subscribed threads,
may have worn themselves out
tongue3.gif

I know of one other who got a notification on a new thread, But not on old ones.

in other words you may need to start re-subscribing.

you may also need to join in the conversation to have the notifications continue
dontknow.gif

Years ago Comcast declared TreasureNet Spam.
I had to contact their Email Provider & tell them I needed to receive my Notifications & they
un-blocked it. a Year later it happened again. & I had to call & complain again.

I would suggest this is a possibility, but being there are allot of different providers
listed as not receiving, unless there was a concentrated effort to block us , I'm not so sure.
Just listing it as a possibility in case someone wishes to ask their provider.

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
yeah i noticed that yesterday, i keep subscriptions to a few posts i'm interested to see the replies, but yesterday i noticed i wasn't getting anything even from threads that were a day old!

OP
OP
TrpnBils

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It appears that there is a possibility all the Older subscribed threads, may have worn themselves out
tongue3.gif
I know of one other who got a notification on a new thread, But not on old ones. in other words you may need to start re-subscribing. you may also need to join in the conversation to have the notifications continue
dontknow.gif
Years ago Comcast declared TreasureNet Spam. I had to contact their Email Provider & tell them I needed to receive my Notifications & they un-blocked it. a Year later it happened again. & I had to call & complain again. I would suggest this is a possibility, but being there are allot of different providers listed as not receiving, unless there was a concentrated effort to block us , I'm not so sure. Just listing it as a possibility in case someone wishes to ask their provider.

That would make sense, except all the ones I'm talking about not getting email replies from have been new threads that I've started within the past month. For example, I started one yesterday in the Coins forum right around when I posted this thread and am not getting emails about that one (or this one anymore beyond the first email).

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I too no longer get email updates on subscribed threads - no matter whether they are recent or old. I do receive notice of PMs.

It's neither my server or mail program. I own the server and have granular control of my email.

I can live without it but I have to keep track myself of which threads I'm watching. I've missed a few replies but that's life. It would be nice to regain this feature but if not I'm still grateful for the free forum services supplied by our hosts.

OP
OP
TrpnBils

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been using the "Find recent threads started by this user" link in my profile to keep track

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
to members not getting emails to subscribed threads

reply to a couple of those subscribed threads again

and see if you get notifications now
[h=2][/h]

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not getting email notification either, One was started yesterday.
I double checked I did it right.
As for one possible fix/explanation...to check with my ISP, I'm quite certain it is not that as my provider didn't bother to block over 100 spam a day I was getting from one certain domain ? Also as the "problem" seems well spread around is another clue it is probably not our internet providers ?

Hope someone figures it out.

str8flexed

Dec 28, 2013
Evansville, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO; Garrett Pro Pointer; Bazooka Mini Gold Trap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm having this issue as well. Gmail is the provider, and it doesn't seem to matter if the thread is old or new, I get no emails. Has been going on for about a month.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The problem goes on.

I did get two emails on one thread when a moderator posted but no other emails when other members post.

Doesn't change when threads are unsubscribed and then subscribed to again.

New thread subscriptions don't get email notices.

New threads started by myself don't get email notices.

For others with this problem I have resorted to keeping a bookmark of the subscriptions in my own profile pages. New posts are updated and highlighted there.

Hope that helps.

thommo59

Mar 6, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was about to ask the same question, as a newbie to this forum, I just assumed whenever someone commented on any post that I also had commented on, I would either get email notification or something under notifications on the forum but nada so far.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the record I got,
no notification of reply # 16 on the 23rd
no notification of reply # 17

but I did just get notified of this latest reply.
Again proving it is not my provider ? Strange indeed.

OP
OP
TrpnBils

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The problem goes on.

I did get two emails on one thread when a moderator posted but no other emails when other members post.

That's a really good point....the only email I've received on any thread in the past several months was on this thread.....when a moderator posted, although it was just once.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread