Why are there so many metal detectorists doing contests on youtube?

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
I know this is a dumb question, but whats the point of having a youtube channel at all if all they are going to do is contests? I know its in the effort to only get more subscribers and not give the subscribers who are already subscribed quality videos. I demand an explanation! Your channel would get more subscribers if it was only on metal detecting videos.

I am getting tired of these contests. We need to put a stop to them. There are still some decent metal detecting video's out there, but why are they ruining them with contests? Oh and another thing I hate is campaign videos! Why does Roadskilljim think he can run for president without an education........

I very much indeed enjoy his metal detecting videos, but if i were you when 2012 comes, i would not vote for him.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o They have metal detecting videos on youtube :o

I just took a look and saw nothing about contests :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
Detectingfreak

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
spartacus53 said:
:o They have metal detecting videos on youtube :o

I just took a look and saw nothing about contests :icon_scratch:

Yes they have metal detecting videos on youtube. It does not say anything about contests, but some users like to hold them.

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
now that you said it, Ive been noticing a lot of contests on youtube lately?? hmmmm, kinda weird? :dontknow:

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
I'm guessing that he typed in "metal detecting videos", watched one....and then from that point,like most of us...clicked on other videos of the same sort from the right hand column?
That way,once you click away from the original video you're shooting along all the various branches and not the "metal detecting videos" you originally typed in!.
Even so....they're still metal detecting videos, whether contests or not. just click "stop" and move on. I've found it cures this problem. :thumbsup:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dano Sverige said:
That way,once you click away from the original video you're shooting along all the various branches and not the "metal detecting videos" you originally typed in!.
Even so....they're still metal detecting videos, whether contests or not. just click "stop" and move on. I've found it cures this problem. :thumbsup:

This must be a new year, especially with Dano turning a new leaf and helping people :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread