Why are there so many random things in the middle of no where?

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
And some people just like to get away from it all. No boom boom stereos from cars, no loud drunken parties next door, no gun fire at 2 o'clock in the morning followed by police sirens, no listening to the traffic jams outside your door. That's how it is at my place in Florida.

Me? I got 225 acres surrounded on 3 sides by thousands of acres of private land up in PA. The land around me is posted, and my only neighbors are a good half mile away.

Now if I want to play my rock and roll at the highest setting, or do some target shooting, or invite friends over, I don't have to worry about bothering anyone. Traffic, well up here it's mostly an occasional farm tractor, or pick up. Folks up here still wave to each other, and most still don't lock their doors.

And I can sit on the front porch, looking out over the fields and ponds, and just relax with nature.

Getting away is a joy to behold. Autumn up here is just like heaven. Mist rising off the land, the smell of a fire burning in the stove, fresh cup of coffee, feet up on the porch railing, deer down in the meadow, ducks rising off the pond. You don't know what you're missing.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember when I visited my friend Adam and his family out in Nevada. We rode for three days across his ranch until we finally came to the Main House.
Good folks,, them Cartwrights. The Ponderosa was just a little too big for me and the roads were a little too bumpy for my bike. lol

OP
OP
K

kitt

Sep 1, 2012
Brookings Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Area around here is pretty remote as it is. its mostly national forrest yet theres mutiple areas covered in junk like this. I found another one but its even larger and creepier.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread