Why are you posting wanting "free" dowsing?

john glassman

Apr 16, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to laugh at this about money for map dowsing .I have been dowing since 1984 and I using dowsing to help locate lost jewelry and post makers and old celllarholes. Money is greedy way I dont like at all I do for fun. Your mind and body must clear of all forms toxins like tobacco and alcohol and drugs for best results dowsing anything.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what the tapesrty is going to look like when finished, the other pic is how it looks now (not done yet).

Attachments

• tapestry.jpg
    tapestry.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 79
  • tapestry2B.jpg
    tapestry2B.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 77

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a stone head carving found, at one of the first suspected sites, beleived to have old Roman gold mines. I thought the right eye seemed to be a map pointing to sealed entrances off to the right. I'm not sure if the photo of Roman mines found here is the same site, they had a couple sites map dowsed. The circular holes reminded me of certain Japanese marked rocks in the Philippines. The edge of the eye looks as if to be a trail, goes over then down and back towards the nose. Notice the opened mine shafts have ledges or overhangs over the tops, similar to what you see over the holes on the eye. Might be more sealed entrances to be opened yet in the area. Stone face shows other circular holes at various locations, probably tunnels, rooms, etc.

Attachments

• 1-romanmines(compare).jpg
    1-romanmines(compare).jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 93
  • stonehead_pic_pic_6.jpg
    stonehead_pic_pic_6.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 72
  • stonehead_pic_6arrow2.jpg
    stonehead_pic_6arrow2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 77
  • stonehead_pic_6C.jpg
    stonehead_pic_6C.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 79
  • stonehead_pic_6D.jpg
    stonehead_pic_6D.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Many of the old mine shafts were dug by Pocket Miners in the late 1800’s. They are mostly just vertical shafts. They followed small veins until they reached a pocket. They had enough money then to live a better life so they moved on. The Spanish also used this methods. You have to be careful when walking in old mining districts as many of then were covered with wood and you may fall through. A friend of mine rode a motorcycle over one and almost lost his life....Art

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The tapestry is a Western USA theme, but the mines are Byzantine (Roman), with shafts that have water in them right now. I'd think the water could be a dangerous situation also (you'd first need to pump it out).

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found out the stone head carving is at a different site, not the found Byzantine era Roman gold mines. The mines were all found from dowsed GE maps, then from photos taken on site. Although the entrances indicated on the stone face, do look similar to the openings in the photo of mine entrances, because of the rock overhang across the top. From what I'm told, the site the face carving was found at, is also supposed to have old Roman mines.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a new sealed entrance found and opened up this week, you can see it doesn't look like the ones that drop straight down (not going to fall into anyway).

Attachments

• 2-entrancesml.jpg
    2-entrancesml.jpg
    503.5 KB · Views: 83

Antje

Apr 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
I know I'm new here, joined because the rocks and minerals where we live are making me crazy- thought talking to experts about them would be helpful plus lurking here you learn a LOT.

Dad was a dowser, the least likely one ever, ever on the planet. Lutheran minister. I have his dowsing rods, never had the experience or knowledge to use them. He only found water- wells for people and was indeed 100% successful. He'd get calls- there was a great grape vine on the subject, please come and tell our expert where to put our new well. So he would. It simply has never occurred to me to doubt it because we grew up with it.

I'd be interested in practicing with his- or learning first, before picking them up.This is a super, super interesting forum! Hope it's ok for a new member to just intrude on this conversation? You never know what might be considered rude on a forum where everyone has been around for a long time. If a faux pas- please excuse!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I'd be interested in practicing with his- or learning first, before picking them up.This is a super, super interesting forum! Hope it's ok for a new member to just intrude on this conversation? You never know what might be considered rude on a forum where everyone has been around for a long time. If a faux pas- please excuse!
Welcome. We are here to help. As you will find there are some questions we can’t answer because we just don’t know. ...Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread