Why didnt I insult that teller

thing

Aug 8, 2009
Why didn't I insult that teller

I went into a local bank yesterday, and I asked for 50's and she says you are in luck we have 70 dollars let me get them for you. As I am buying them I can clearly see a silver dime in her coin tray. I told her point blank "you have a silver dime in your tray, can I grab that"(in my experience most tellers dont care about dimes). She aimed right for it picked it up and in a very different tone she said no, you arn't a customer so I can't give it to you. I just left after that with my now obviously skunk halfs. As I thought about it, I am now upset that I didn't call her on her silver grab. I can have 70 dollars in halfs but not one dime cause I am not a customer, I would have much more respect for you if you were honest.

Upvote 0

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Why didn't I insult that teller

open some bank accounts, solves alot of headaches....

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other

I usually just ask for the old looking dime in the tray, and point to it. I always avoid the s-word. Sometimes I save the white rimmed dime, or even chrome dime.

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

She is under no obligation to give it to you. But obviously, she didn't have to be rude about it. You could have simply handed her back the halves but you didn't think about it in time.

If nothing else, you have a good candidate for your next dump bank. :wink:

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other

oxbowbarefoot said:
I usually just ask for the old looking dime in the tray, and point to it. I always avoid the s-word. Sometimes I say the white rimmed dime, or even chrome dime.

Ditto; never use the "S-word". The more tellers know, the less there will be for us.

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011

Let me answer the question you put as the title..... Because a teller in a bank that you dont even have an account with has no obligation to hand over 1 silver dime just because you ask her to, and it just isnt worth tryint to insult someone who is just doing their job over a 10 cent silver worth little over a couple bucks. . . If that isnt why you didnt insult her, it should be worthy of giving it a thought my friend. great thread about CRH'ing by the way.

db23

Mar 18, 2011

Why would you insult a teller?

coinfinder

Aug 15, 2008

Don't feel too bad. I stopped at a Korean owned bank and asked for half dollars. The teller picked two silver halves up and said I have these. I pulled out a dollar, and then she looked at me and said, you can't have these, you're not a customer. There really was no point in arguing...it was obvious that I didn't have an account. Though I did feel singled out.

OP
OP
T

thing

Aug 8, 2009

TheRockDoc said:
Let me answer the question you put as the title..... Because a teller in a bank that you dont even have an account with has no obligation to hand over 1 silver dime just because you ask her to, and it just isnt worth tryint to insult someone who is just doing their job over a 10 cent silver worth little over a couple bucks. . . If that isnt why you didnt insult her, it should be worthy of giving it a thought my friend. great thread about CRH'ing by the way.

I was upset because she handed me the halfs but refused the dime because I wasn't a customer, she didn't have an issue with the halfs

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread