Why do people cheat on free online games?

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to play cards online and it never fails there is always a team on almost every table. Im a good player and do win but it really is a tough thought that people will cheat just to win a free game. I really dont understand it myself. Anyone ever notice it?

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Some look at cheating as means to it's own end. As in "Wonder if i can get away with this?"

Personally, i don't get it. The purpose of any game is the challenge. Can you beat the game or the other players.

The cheating thing is part of personal ethics. With some people ethics is a very fuzzy line.

For example a person i know went to a yard sale. Among the items for sale was a box of junk jewelry. In that box was a ring he knew was gold. The fact that the ring was somehow accidentally placed in the wrong box didn't stop him from plunking down his hard earned 25 cents to buy it. He sold it within a day to a jeweler for $600. Then bragged all over FB about it.

This sparked a debate on FB between those who saw what he did as a scum ball move to others defending him in that the owner/sellers of the ring should have been more careful. As i said, fuzzy ethics.

To this day my belief is that he gave his money to a child helping with the yard sale as an adult would have recognized the ring for what it was. But, know way to know for sure.

There is cheating on many levels.

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're playing free online games, why do you care? You have lost nothing. Want to play, go play for real. I would suggest you learn how to play better. If you can't beat the idiots who play at those pretend tables, you can't beat a real table either.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to play cards online and it never fails there is always a team on almost every table. Im a good player and do win but it really is a tough thought that people will cheat just to win a free game. I really dont understand it myself. Anyone ever notice it?
Not sure how old you might be, but, this is what's called a "heads up" in life!
If one will cheat and lie about the little things, they'll cheat and lie about the big things!

Just imagine if they were playing for real! Happens everyday, someone trying to screw someone else over.
Best to keep your friends close and.......... know, recognize, and understand your enemy, even better than he/she does!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when I'm by myself & have a deck of cards I like to cheat at "beat the Devil" ( Solitaire )

I always Win, & the crowd always goes wild 8-)

Last edited:

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
The problem i have is with people who CHEAT on "Pay To Play" on-line games. The gamesites take your money and guarantee the use of cheat codes won't be tollerated. Then you get behind a Zero with your P-51 and pull the trigger. Nuthin happens and the Zero magically (impossibly) turns 180 degrees instantly and blows up your plane with his 20 mm cannon. You go to the website that publishes Cheat Codes for the game.. There it is, "Make your plane invunerable and reverse direction instantly" by guess who ? The guy who just blew my plane outta the air. He brazenly uses his game i.d. to post the cheat code. So i report this to the game administrator, and guess what ? I'm banned from "AirWars" for 30 days. No Refund. The internet game sites would rather ban the small number of clients making complaints and allow the cheaters to ruin the game, rather than enforce their own rules and take the chance of alienating a huge number of customers who routinely CHEAT. It's all about MONEY. That's why i no longer play on-line computer games.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The lie! what is it really? I would estimate that NO ONE including me is completely honest.
Take this example, someone holds you up and says " I won't shoot you if you tell me you won't tell." Now where does that leave your sense of honesty? Then there is the groupe that lies and cheats because they think winning is everything and loosing is nothing. It's just a matter of degree.
Oh well just a thought. Frank...
split cup.jpg

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People, if you have time to PLAY online games, you have time to get out and REALLY detect!!! But, if there's a free online metal detecting game, lemme know! ;) Peace

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem i have is with people who CHEAT on "Pay To Play" on-line games. The gamesites take your money and guarantee the use of cheat codes won't be tollerated. Then you get behind a Zero with your P-51 and pull the trigger. Nuthin happens and the Zero magically (impossibly) turns 180 degrees instantly and blows up your plane with his 20 mm cannon. You go to the website that publishes Cheat Codes for the game.. There it is, "Make your plane invunerable and reverse direction instantly" by guess who ? The guy who just blew my plane outta the air. He brazenly uses his game i.d. to post the cheat code. So i report this to the game administrator, and guess what ? I'm banned from "AirWars" for 30 days. No Refund. The internet game sites would rather ban the small number of clients making complaints and allow the cheaters to ruin the game, rather than enforce their own rules and take the chance of alienating a huge number of customers who routinely CHEAT. It's all about MONEY. That's why i no longer play on-line computer games.

Hence the REASON I don't spend my money of something I can hold or sell! I "USED" to play mafia wars and when Zynga had gliches, I went to teh forum and complained about the issues everyone was having and they banned me for life. Probably because I mentioned the fact of them finding a 10 year old kid to fix their computer software problem! But, either way, I didn't lose any sleep over it!

My girlfriends brother racked up about $10,000 on his credit card buying into those things you can purchase for the games, that you "CAN'T TOUCH", "CAN'T SELL", CAN'T HOLD IT", CAN'T GIVE IT AWAY AS A GIFT". etc. Of course he got so bad into debt he had to file bankruptcy!

I tell everyone who "PAYS" into those games just go ahead and give me the money! At least they would know where it went!

I like playing WW2 air combat games, (European Air War and I have the Pacific one but it is not compatible or working with my computer. The gaming company went out of business many years ago and there is no support), as well, but I prefer to play them on my computer, with MY PURCHASED software, and no one can cheat. Of course sometimes I feel the computer cheats and I KNOW I am gaining speed on some of the enemy aircraft, but the other planes keep going further and further away from me and I can't seem to get them! I do get most of them though!

So if you want to throw away some of your money, I could use a few thousand! PM me and I will give you my address to send it to, UNLESS you live close by then I can meet you and pick it up!

Oh, BTW, I DON'T take credit cards, but do ACCEPT CASH OR POSTAL MONEY ORDERS!

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People, if you have time to PLAY online games, you have time to get out and REALLY detect!!! But, if there's a free online metal detecting game, lemme know! ;) Peace

Thats a good one made me laugh. Well I work 2 jobs and hunt on all most everyday off I get. But I only require 4-6 hours of sleep a day. I hunt plenty just dont find too many treasures.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My girlfriends brother racked up about $10,000 on his credit card buying into those things.....
Of course he got so bad into debt he had to file bankruptcy!
??? That's rather disturbing! ???
I guess I just don't think right, though.

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The lie! what is it really? I would estimate that NO ONE including me is completely honest.
Take this example, someone holds you up and says " I won't shoot you if you tell me you won't tell." Now where does that leave your sense of honesty? Then there is the groupe that lies and cheats because they think winning is everything and loosing is nothing. It's just a matter of degree.
Oh well just a thought. Frank...
View attachment 899116

Frankn, interesting example. However, I'm pretty sure that it's been determined that lying while under duress is not a compromise of personal ethics. IOW, it's not dishonest.

That said, i agree that there are lines of honesty and and everyone has a line.

Whether it's bilking an insurance company on a claim or calling out sick to play hooky it's the bigger picture of honesty that determines our true ethical make up.

For example - I needed the outside of my house painted. A guy i knew, who was on disability, offered to do the job for 30 cents on the dollar. A good deal for me! Butttt, there was no way i was going to let someone who was a cheat on my property to do any work. i declined his generous offer.

On the flip side, that guy was always working around the neighborhood. So, many people didn't share my opinion. Why? everyone has a different line.

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldn't tell you why, I'd rather be detecting!

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy hunting dont get me wrong but when its dark a good card game is always fun to pass the time. Better than watching TV and if you win its always better.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
As a gamer (mostly racing online) yeah, lots of folks cheat. I used to be top 100 in some games ... even top 50 for a while in Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 (long time ago). I learned not to let it bother me but rather to make sure that they knew I knew what they were doing and how.

On the other hand, I've been called a cheater ... comes with the territory.

Don't let it ruin your day. One way to help is to join a team or clan. They can sometimes help you overcome the cheats.

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to play cod and got accused of cheating all the time. I was just that good, buddies of mine in real life hated playing with me, these guys were tournament players and I'm clearing their clocks lol. Especially black ops 2 people hated me in that game. Ahh How I miss gaming.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Rock take a look at my thread "Money on the mind" halfway down this page from this thread of yours.It will explain a lot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread