Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The older I get, the more this seems to be true, the best friends and nicest people seem to die way before their time, while the mean and evil people seem to live for ever.

My Uncle died unexpectedly last week at 61, super nice guy, donated a lot of time and money to help less fortunate people. I never realized how much charity work he did until the funeral, when dozens of people spoke about all that he did for them, or their group, it was very heart warming.

On the day of his funeral, another good friend, super nice guy was backed over and killed by a dump truck on a construction site. Dead at 57, same thing, sang in the choir, give you the shirt off his back, etc.

I googled "why do the good die young" and found some interesting theories. Perhaps the best, at least the best I found, said that God takes the good possibly because they are at the peak of their spirituality, while he gives the bad people more time to repent.

The thought makes me feel a little better, but I find it a little hard to believe that God has anything to do with when you die.

Any way, thanks for listening.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about Your Uncle G_M :(

but now I have to add a few more years to my Life I guess
& remind everyone before they answer, No religion on TNet Please.

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loss is so very difficult. .so very sorry..somethings just don't make sense, and that makes it even harder..

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I to feel for your loss, and perhaps you can find some solice in the fact that the best of our sons and daughters die young because they are the strongest, bravest, and the most willing to give their all so that the rest of us can continue......In asense that makes us blessed to have had them for friends and family.......Gary

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
I am also sorry for your lose. Death is indiscriminate in its choosing. The basic tenet of Buddhism is that "life is suffering." If this is true then take comfort in knowing they have ascended to a better place.

God bless,
Crispin

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
There is no rhyme or reason in the matter of death, I know, My father died at 45 and my wife died after only 16 years of marriage and I "died" technically after an operation and was brought back by a very persistent young female doctor in the recovery room. The only thing I know for sure is there is something beyond death which I have experienced. Hay, I am 76 and still here "again". Frank...

111-1 profileblk.jpg

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is the one inescapable journey we are all on together. I do not want to go. Not yet. Sorry for your loss.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Gold Maven!! Sorry About Your Loss!! It ALL seems to get better with time!! It's like the song "Everyone wants to go to Heaven, They just don't want to go now!". Praying for you!! VERDE!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread