Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is the thrill of the hunt for me. I would rather find collectable coins in circulation than pay more than face for them.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I have more than enough disposable income to buy all the silver coin my heart desires. What fun is that?

I prefer to lose money roll hunting, but the cheap thrill of finds make up for that.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I have more than enough disposable income to buy all the silver coin my heart desires. What fun is that?

I prefer to lose money roll hunting, but the cheap thrill of finds make up for that.

Do you own a successful firm on Wall Street? Lol, wonder what ever became of DACC.

uncubano13

Jun 25, 2013
Wyoming, MI
Detector(s) used
Bought 2 of them from garage sales
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The adrenaline rush you get when you are looking thru the rolls and you find that AG and or other cool coins!

Rustystcloud

Oct 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Carrying halves = less time at gym. Sometimes I jog in morning with $10 rolls in my socks. Lol. Jokes!

OP
OP
DrCaufield

DrCaufield

Jul 25, 2013
I also could buy as much silver as I could want. I hunt because I like it at face value, I do it with my 5 year old son who has gained a love for coins that I hope he never loses and it has filled a childhood void left vacant when I quit collecting baseball cards. It is like opening a box of baseball cards and being able to sell back all the common cards. It is fun to watch the stack grow and there is always the hope of the dream box.

Anyway thanks for the answers it's cool to hear what keeps ya in the game

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also could buy as much silver as I could want. I hunt because I like it at face value, I do it with my 5 year old son who has gained a love for coins that I hope he never loses and it has filled a childhood void left vacant when I quit collecting baseball cards. It is like opening a box of baseball cards and being able to sell back all the common cards. It is fun to watch the stack grow and there is always the hope of the dream box.

Anyway thanks for the answers it's cool to hear what keeps ya in the game

This. ^
I too used to collect sports cards. You get the same thrill from pulling silver that you get when you pull a great rookie, insert, auto, etc, but without the downside risk! Also, living in Vegas, it gives me a great alternative to gambling.

My reasons:
Thrill of the hunt
Trade up/sell silver to get sweet coins (Morgans, etc)

HH all & Happy Holidays!

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
As a hobby and for a long term investment.

Same.

it has filled a childhood void left vacant when I quit collecting baseball cards. It is like opening a box of baseball cards and being able to sell back all the common cards.
This. ^
I too used to collect sports cards. You get the same thrill from pulling silver that you get when you pull a great rookie, insert, auto, etc, but without the downside risk!

Also same. I'm only 22 but growing up, one of my favorite things was going to get my hair cut and then going next door and buying 2 packs of Donruss '88 baseball cards for a quarter.

I still have all the cards somewhere, and if I feel nostalgic and the price is right, I'll buy some more, but I don't actively buy cards any more. I was at a gas station a couple of years ago with my girlfriend and I bought a pack of Fleer cards that had some bubble gum included for 10 cents. The cards were a nice throw back, and the gum was a nice throw up (circa 1987 gum). :laughing7:

- DS

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:coffee2:For me it is a combination of the thrill of the hunt & a hobby. It's always great when you find a coin that you didn't have before. I also use it as a memory jog. When I look at the date on a coin, I will think of who was president at the time & some of the events that occurred during that time period.

HH
Gary

Spizzerinctum

Mar 8, 2013
Western Hemisphere
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is still good stuff floating around out there and it bothers me to think that someone else could stumble across it when I had the chance to intercept. Call me greedy but I WANT IT ALL!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread