Why does no one believe in Long Range locators?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Long Range Locator Underground Metal Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tested one while directly over a gold coin i buried and a silver coin i buried and the probes kept crossing is it a special ability to understand these things or is everyone that hates these types of long range locators just filled with disbelief because they don't have one? i do not mean to be disrespectful towards anyone its just that when i have had some decent positive results on some crummy gold and silver i directly walked over while being buried just at one foot and the probes cross why do skeptics continue to be skeptics to me i feel like there telling me I'm insane. I don't like being called a fool because i understand a lot and have a lot of logic and common sense. but seriously you cant expect to find something a kilometer away but fine can you expect at least and believe you will detect something ten feet away i mean come on is there anyone out there that understands that if directly above gold or silver while in setting on either that when the probes cross that means jackpot why is this so hard for people to except? i feel like preaching this stuff is like preaching fire cooks and burns food back thousands of years ago. how does no one get this stuff. peace to all

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
'ellas, you just explained the same thing that the dreaded "skeptics" do, you just worded it differently. We love posts like that.

What "Long Range Locator" were you using, or is that still a secret?

And why were the "probes" that kept crossing the same sort of things that many of us have made by cutting and bending a coat hanger?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
And why were the "probes" that kept crossing the same sort of things that many of us have made by cutting and bending a coat hanger?
No woof. He is not dowsing. He is following a man made signal...Art

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tested one while directly over a gold coin i buried and a silver coin i buried and the probes kept crossing is it a special ability to understand these things or is everyone that hates these types of long range locators . . . i directly walked over while being buried just at one foot and the probes cross why do skeptics continue to be skeptics . . . you will detect something ten feet away i mean come on is there anyone out there that understands that if directly above gold or silver while in setting on either that when the probes cross that means jackpot why is this so hard for people to except? i feel like preaching this stuff is like preaching fire cooks and burns food back thousands of years ago. how does no one get this stuff. peace to all

Hand me a nice hot burger and I'm your blueberry.

Your thread title is "Long Range" but you state you must be directly over a sample. That's more like "in close contact with or proximity" than long range.

I guess first we must define what "long range" is. My F-75 will detect gold and silver if I pass the coil directly over it. That's a short range detector. Ten feet? It would have to be a gigantic piece of gold or silver for me - or perhaps the aluminum siding of a shed (I can pick those up 10 feet way!) - but if you can demonstrate that I'd be convinced you have a medium range detector. Anything over 50 feet away and the target thereafter located and exposed I would be completely convinced you truly have what could be called a long range detector.

Using a map or photograph of the region and "detecting" whatever substance remotely? That transcends science of any kind and would be miraculous indeed.

I don't believe because I've never had the pleasure of observing a successful attempt. But I confess I have never been around one of the electronic/electric/a battery and bits of components type that transmit . . . presumably. Just dowsing sticks and rods, and I'm sure in the hands of "amateurs" who may have been doing it all wrong. Those few events were like fishing holes or free beer: "should have been here yesterday".

I come here because I do find the topic interesting. But I like the VLF conventional metal detecting threads better because I like to look at the finds.

Last edited:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really wish LRLs worked, it's a fantastic scenario, to locate precious metals at great distances, but all the research I have done, shows other wise.

metal detectors are somewhat easy to understand, a radio frequency is broadcast, and bounces off a target.

LRLs have no explanation that holds water, no electronic schematic, no inner working theory that stands up to scientific scrutiny. NONE.

Wikipedia lists them as a class of fraudulent devices. Please read:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-range_locator

Now if they were on the up and up, why on earth would the LRL manufactures let them get away with this???

I'm sorry to step on any one's toes, but I hate to see some one duped into spending their hard earned money, on something that absolutely does not work.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read how Wikipedia can be changed by someone...

Go ahead and change it, then.:thumbsup:

Here's an interesting site, exposing the truth behind LRLs one by one: Geotech - Technology for Treasure Hunting

This guy is offering $25,000 for any one that can prove LRLs work, in a simple test. $25,000.... EASY MONEY, BOYS!

If someone offered me $25k if i could prove my metal detector worked, I would be there ASAP!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
If you want to learn the truth that is not where it is. I have used 7 of the devices he claims he has tested and they all found gold...Art

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whether one believes the act of dowsing is real or not is reliant on the individual. LRL devices are just an offshoot of good old fashioned dowsing. LRL's just like any dowsing method do not stand up to scientific scrutiny regardless of how many times its been tried. That is were the basic skepticism lays with people who say Aye it works and Nay it does not work or is not real.
Lots of scam's have gone down over the years, and continue today, with much snake oil to do about the capabilities of LRL devices. Who knows maybe there are a few legitimate devices out there however its pretty well known and documented that buying into one is a fools errand for most people.

Dowsing, in my opinion and experience, works. Attaching a battery, signal generator or exotic materials does not change the basic operation of dowsing. All the additions do is just put a bit more oil on the sale so it slides down better for the person who's biting on the bait. However as I said there may be a few legitimate devices out there but damned if I can see the tree for the forest on that subject. So its better just to leave LRL's alone or play with them yourself. Caveat emptor.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I don’t believe in your view of Dowsing and using a LRL. We have well over 100 treasure hunters come here and tell us how well they work for them. Yes there is a lot of treasure hunters out there that use them. If there are any fake LRL’s out there how come no one has had them arrested ?...We have a thread called for those who have been scammed and no one showed up but skeptics. ...Art

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don’t believe in your view of Dowsing and using a LRL. We have well over 100 treasure hunters come here and tell us how well they work for them. Yes there is a lot of treasure hunters out there that use them. If there are any fake LRL’s out there how come no one has had them arrested ?...We have a thread called for those who have been scammed and no one showed up but skeptics. ...Art
I can tell you exactly why. people who have been scammed hate to admit they fell for the scam. They'd rather a bunch of others also got scammed before they'd admit they did. It's the old "come on in dear, the water's fine" deal...after the guy jumps in and gets his cojones frozen.
Also, show me just one decent, publicized find, of a major nugget, or gold treasure that was found with LRL. I mean publicized in a paper, or magazine. References included.
Jim

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I saw a question early on asking why two coat hanger rods wouldn't do the same as the big buck stuff.

I don't believe I've seen that question adequately addressed.

Takers?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I saw a question early on asking why two coat hanger rods wouldn't do the same as the big buck stuff.
I can locate anything that the LRL’s does with a set of coat hangers BUT. Using a LRL is much easier. Some LRL’s can give you more information like the size, distance and the depth from where you first encounter the signal. The coat hanger will not. Time and energy to me is a big plus..Art

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aarth,
Nice of you to disagree. I think Jim laid it out fairly plain as to why there's not a lot of whinging going on about scams. You can keep an open thread or even an open forum on being scammed and I doubt you'll find many takers who would pitch a legitimate post. *shrugs* Its important enough to note that the creators of the LRL forum even posted a warning on the door. I doubt that it was put there absentmindedly.

As to what an LRL tells you about your target well that's fine and good for the user if it gets what they feel they are after. Set of bent coat hangers, willow rod, pendulum or any of a variety of dowsing techniques will tell an experienced dowser similar information. There is a forum here for that too san's warning on the door before you enter funny enough.

The topic is why nobody believes in LRL's not how dowsing works. So there are my views. Tennis shoes covered in peanut butter sprinkled with bird seed and all that ;)

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know who these guys are, but I suspect they are in on this calculator hoax. The skeptics found out that when they say something against the dowsing crap that the sales go up. People want to feel sorry for art while they sneakily make hundreds of thousands of dollars. Stuff likes this gives real LRL's a bad name. I've said before dowsing is unreliable, get a real LRL.

I've owned all kinds of LRL devices and that calculator is the worst by far. For some reason people think the control box on a swivel handle is supposed to work--it's just a disguised bent coat hanger sold for hundreds of dollars to people who don't know any better. If you want to find treasure get an MFD frequency generator, something like the Eliminator e-120 which costs much less and will outperform anything sold on ebay. If you want to be sent on a snipe hunt or a wild goose chase, get a control box on a swivel handle.

When I bought the calculator the sales pitch at that time was seven digits of accuracy as if somehow the calculator was a frequency generator. They even said to hit the sine button as if that somehow changed the pretended wave form. i can't recall the exact wording but something like the calculator was specially modified or something. It was fancy wording in hopes the buyer would believe the deception. Yeah, I took the bait because I didn't think they would put out deception. Wrong!!!!

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll say it again, if you want to learn how the frequency generators work, study Meyl scalar or witricity. Resonance is the key. The longitudinal waves to the target, that is the lines of force that bundle together (at anything in resonance) referred to as a signal line that can be detected with L-rods but originally they used an electronic receiver and oscilloscope.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions